Looking for thicker body for ECX torment

KyleRC

i started racing my ecx torment about a month ago and it does great but I have had the body fall off a few times because the holes for the body posts broke open and it falls off easily. I was looking for something a little stiffer and was wondering if anyone has had any luck using proline or Jconcepts bodies.

I have been looking at this one but I don’t know the specifications, I don’t know if it will fit.

I got my son a Pro-Line EVO body (https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/evo-sc-clear-body/) when I got his Torment for Christmas, here's a pic.20171225_172013.jpg He took it out for a couple of bashing sessions and now I have a lot of cracks to try and fix, so I'm not sure how it will handle racing, but it looks good though.

I am also looking to get a new body for my Torment as well and am looking at this one from Bittydesign (https://www.amainhobbies.com/bittydesign-black-hawk-1-10-short-course-truck-body-bdysc-blhk/p363725). I don't know much about them, but the body looks good, fits on a Slash (so it should work on a Torment), so it should work fine.

The aero is good. He didn't want to cut all of the openings out, but it still levels out pretty good on jumps, which should be helpful while racing. I cant speak to racing durability since my son isn't ready for the track just yet.

Check out Torment body noise on the forums here. Have you tried reinforcing the body?

I do know the blue brushless RTR version body is alot thicker stock then your brushed version.

Check out Torment body noise on the forums here. Have you tried reinforcing the body?

I do know the blue brushless RTR version body is alot thicker stock then your brushed version.
I was looking for something I could paint and is lower priced the ECX body’s are really expensive for some reason.

I was going to buy the Pro-line flo-tek and just do the same. Custom paint, and apply my rubberized spray inside afterwards to make a little more rigid.

The Flowtec bodies are light weight and meant for racing. They look really good, but don’t hold up well for bashing or learning. The J concept illusion bodies are cheaper, thicker, and more durable. I’ve recently found that using black silicone rtv gasket maker and 2 layers of fiberglass drywall tape make bullet proof crack repairs on bodies. They’re expensive and we spend a lot of time painting them, so why not make them last as long as possible. The rtv is stronger than silicone and shoegoo, and more flexible.

I had the same problem so I made some washer-like reinforcements out of a couple of caps from Power Ade bottles and fit them both under the body and between the body and the clips. This also cut down some of the noise because the body isn’t rattling around so much. I added additional structural support to the body via Gorilla tape and it has all but eliminated that megaphone effect. FWIW, I run a Slash body on a modified Ruckus.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back