Loss of speed but returns after powering off and on

Lunitunz

Hello friends. My brother recently purchased stock amp mt brushed. Out of the box is was lackluster. We've had toys r us cars perform better from 10 years ago. Very slow and no range.

So we decided to upgrade the esc to a quicrun 1060 from hobbywing and threw in a 5200mah 7.4v lipo 2s. As well as a receiver and transmitter.

The car runs a lot better now except after about a 1 minute the speeds are noticeably slower and loss of top speed. This happens when both running the lipo and nimh battery. After switching power on and off it runs normally but then the problem occurs again after about a minute.

Any ideas on what problem we are running into?
Thanks

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me, but was my own doin due to battery goin flat. Found once i turned off n on id get say 1min run time at good speed then die again. That was on nimh batts, now i run lipo but wont allow myself to run it too low if i can as i dont hav fail safe yet...
Could b the prob and then mayb not...
I hope u get the problem sorted?

I had the same problem. So I contacted Hobbywing and they asked me if I was using an adapter to connect the battery. I told them yes. They said that could be the problem. Remove the Tamiya plug from the esc and put a different plug of your choice that matches your battery. I didn’t try it cuz I just went ahead and put a brushless esc and motor. But I figured I’d share what they told me that could be the issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Back