Metal gears

Briguy

I replaced my plastic gears with metal ones and 1 run in the driveway and it ate one of them up. The gear held in with the pin was chewed half way down. The lower half was chewed almost completely off. I thought it was pretty hard to screw up the install but i guess i did. What could have happened? I don't want to buy another set cause i need one gear. I gotta figure out what is making it do this. Any help would be great. TIA

Check to see if anything is jaming it up. You are going to have to buy another set but you are going to have to inspect everything before you seal it up. Each wheel/axle has to spin easily the slipper has to also spin fairly easily. You don't want it to be stuck.

:)Think i found the problem. One of the bearings not seated well. Live and learn. What is the next thing to replace? I have to budget well this is starting to be a little expensive.

Common failures are driveshafts, spindle blocks (the shoulder screws rip out and ruin the threads), and sometimes wheels and wheel hexes (possibly because of the wheel nuts working themselves loose). But there's no way to predict what may fail the next time you cartwheel it after a rough landing :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back