Mid transmission/ race upgrades

Etcv97

I dont expect to make this truck up to par with the new associated or losi trucks. But is there any way to make it a mid motor setup? And are there any good write ups with part numbers for rear arms that can add toe and adjustable links? I know slash turnbuckles work.. I have them on my torment. Thanks

I can do without the mid motor. Would just like a decent list or site to find compatible parts. I know ultimate rc had a good ecx section but it's long gone.

I once saw a post (maybe at URC?) about a Boost that was converted to MM. It was a crazy kludge and the poster never followed up.

It's an interesting idea, but I think you'd wind up with a negative ROI.

Here's my thread about prepping my AMP/Circuit to something race-worthy. Post #34 focuses on switching from AE to Traxxas camber links up front. Because the ECX car is so flexible, ball-and-cup rod ends pop off quite readily in a front impact.

I have often thought about how it would be if the motor/trans was placed forward of the rear axle instead of behind it. It would help out in so many ways. Weight distribution would be sorted. No more wheelies. Like a 4wd.

Here's a video showing a Boost converted to MM.

Here's a thread on RCTech that I believe shows nicer, cleaner images of a slightly different approach. I think you have to log in to RCTech to see the high-res photos.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back