My 1st day on this site AND 1st day with ecx RCs

PhillyRcBoyz

I just got a nice deal on EBay and just received my 1st Ecx Rc.. . Haven't tested it out yet, but definitely will tomorrow with my son and his Traxxas slash 2wd.... I checked everything out on this truck AND swapped out the whole system. My upgrade: 35 or 3600 Reedy motor & esc from my team associated pro sc truck. The only thing so far that I didn't do yet is, my metal diffs gears. My question is: can I still run it on 2s without messing my diffs gears up ? [ mostly backyard runs in the dirt/grass ] it will be running on 18/54T

Hello! That red ECX torment looks nice! Was it used?
Also, this forum is very friendly and informable! I am not sure if the gears can handle 2s, but hopefully someone else could help you!

Since you have already swapped to the 32 pitch gears spur and piñon those are the weak point. The plastic diff gears are stronger. Send it! It should be all right. However you will get immediate feedback if you need to replace the diff gears.

Since you have already swapped to the 32 pitch gears spur and piñon those are the weak point. The plastic diff gears are stronger. Send it! It should be all right. However you will get immediate feedback if you need to replace the diff gears.
thanks guys

So far nothing broke. I only ran it 2times on 3s for only 10mins at a time.. what's a nice gear setup for 3s with 32pitch you think?

Latest posts

Members online

Back