My 2wd 1/10 ruckus

Ecxer

Here's a pic and a list of upgrades and some insight to the ruckus.

WP_20150923_09_28_53_Pro.jpg

Alrighty, I've owned the ruckus since January 2015. Bought it brushed, as it was my first hobby grade rc, and I had no idea what to expect.

Upgrades:
Boca and fasteddy bearings
120a hobby wing esc
Cheap 2600kv 3660 & 3100kv 3665 5mm dia shaft, brushless motors
Traxxas big bore shocks
MIP c-cvd's
Ecx metal transmission
50,000wt diff oil in the diff
Tbone racing bumpers and tbar.
32p gearing
Pro line 2.8 trenchers
Associated turnbuckles
Rpm rod ends
Rpm shock guards
Rpm links
Rpm a-arms
Rpm caster blocks
Rpm rear oversized hub carriers
Rpm servo saver eliminator
Hot racing aluminum 12mm 2wd hex set
Boom racing aluminum 12mm hex 14mm wheel wideners
Power HD 1501mg metal gear servo
Ecx aluminum steering knuckles
Integy motor heatsink
Shoe goo & drywall mesh tape inside ruckus body
Aluminum servo horn
And I think that's all! :D (for now) ;)

I can say, the ruckus is durable! I bought 2 sets of body post, front/rear shock towers, and front/rear skid plates, they are still in original packaging! This thing has taken many thrills n spills and keeps coming back for more!

The only two stock parts that broke were, front right caster block and driveshaft. Both were due to my ignorance, caster block broke by hitting a cinderblock, drive shaft broke on 3s, me not setting slipper clutch properly.

Only necessary upgrades were, mip c-cvd's, and metal transmission because of brushless and lipo power. And when installing the RPM sse, it's necessary to buy a high torque servo. I originally put a tower pro servo in it, DON'T! The Power HD 1501mg servo is still going strong after 4months.

The tbone racing bumpers are awesome but, I had to remove the rear one because, when I would jump the ruckus, it was slowly ripping out the screws that mounted into the transmission housing. I'll be getting a traxxas wheelie bar for it eventually.

The only design flaw is the shoulder screws, that hold the steering knuckles in place. I solved this issue with ecx aluminum steering knuckles and superglue. :)

Oh yah, the stock bearings are junk! Replace them as soon as possible!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them, and I'll try and help. I'm far from a pro but, am pretty familiar with the 2wd 1/10 Ecx ruckus.
Thanks!

Here's a closer look...

WP_20150925_15_26_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20150925_15_28_18_Pro.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, kids just got in from school, gotta cook dinner! :)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this Ecxer! Any chance we could get a look under the lid? We all like detailed shots of the mods.

Sorry for the crappy pics, kids just got in from school, gotta cook dinner! :)

I know how that goes. No worries though, pictures are plenty good. You said you ran 3s and broke a drive shaft, are you still running 3s? Or did you back off to 2s? Is the 32 pinion for the 3s?

I know how that goes. No worries though, pictures are plenty good. You said you ran 3s and broke a drive shaft, are you still running 3s? Or did you back off to 2s? Is the 32 pinion for the 3s?

I run it on 3s mostly, with 58/12 gearing when I run the 2600kv, and 58/11 gearing when i run the 3100kv. I switched to 32p gearing because, I kept on stripping 48p spur gears. The stock driveshaft is what broke, the mips are holding up fine. Of course, I have the punch turned down to 7, and the motors I use aren't 4500kv + motors! :D

Great list of upgrades. I just bought a ruckus 4x4 with the tazer brushless system in it. So far so good. Want to do shock, tire, a-arm, steering servo, and knuckle upgrades. Is there a good website that specializes in ruckus aftermarket parts? Thanks

Great list of upgrades. I just bought a ruckus 4x4 with the tazer brushless system in it. So far so good. Want to do shock, tire, a-arm, steering servo, and knuckle upgrades. Is there a good website that specializes in ruckus aftermarket parts? Thanks

Thanks!
For plastic parts, RPM has a good assortment of ruckus aftermarket parts. Ecx does make aluminum upgrades for the ruckus, I only have the Ecx aluminum steering knuckles, they have held up well. I order most of my parts through Amazon, unless it's a specific part they don't have, and that is rare! Hotracing also has ecx ruckus parts, and are based in California.

Traxxas aluminum big bores are awesome! I believe the 2wd & 4wd ruckus use different shock lengths? I know the 2wd has shorter shocks in the front.
Does your 4wd ruckus have same length shocks front and back?

Last edited:
Asiatees has some stuff in aluminium from Boom racing. I got the front bulkhead in my Torment and it's a perfect fit + comes with hex screws to replace the self tapping ones. That's one of the places where Al makes most sense.

@440Mopar, fasteddy bearings are worth the money. I do clean and lube mine once in a while, just to keep them going.

P.S. Mopar Or No Car! ;)
That's what I live my life by! The moment I buy a new R/C I buy a Cuda body for it haha...
I'm actually thinking about making my own Cuda bodies soon, because most aren't scale enough for me. I loved HPI's version, but they are discontinued...

Latest posts

Members online

Back