My truck is not working, need help

Yann

I just bought a truck for my son for his birthday. Everything was working fine and it stopped suddenly while we were playing with it on the sand. have no more throttle, it steers but when we push the gaz nothing happens. Please see the video i attached to this. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Yann

Does the ESC smell burnt? Mine burnt up in my amp and had the same symptoms. I bought a "320A waterproof brushed ESC" off eBay, it was branded "new rain" on the sticker, blue with gold heatsink and it has been awesome, really cool and reliable.

Can't really tell in the video but is the jumper on the esc in lipo or nimh mode? Maybe it's in lipo cutoff being you are using a nimh, they drop in voltage and trip the shut off.

You can hook up the motor directly to the battery and it will turn (for brushed motors at least...). Be a bit careful unplugging those motor leads, it's not hard to pull the clamp from the wire instead of the bullets apart.

If you remove the motor to try it on the battery you better hang on tight. If you leave it mounted you need to make sure the wheels aren't on the deck or it'll take off.

Stock battery?

ok the jumper was in the right spot @mikel81 , i did plug the batt directly in the motor and nothing happened so i guess the motor is already dead... didn't even last 3 days... is that normal ?

No that's terrible. I've really abused the 20t motors, running them at 180F for half an hour at a time.

Yeah, that's crap. And that burnt smell was the motor. If you call teck support they will probably give you a free motor

i bought a new motor. i plugged it directy in batt and it works. but when i plugg it in esc, it doesn't work. the esc flash red, i guess my esc is fried too ?? one week of usage.

It's possible that the motor fried and took out the ESC by being shorted out. A brushed motor starting up and a short circuit aren't that dissimilar, with the difference that if the motor spins up, the current winds down really quickly. The ESC should have a thermal protection that keeps it from dying this way, but not all do... I'd contact horizon support and see if they will give you a goodwill replacement.

I have used my stock 15t motor en esc for months. Still works. Just had to resolder the motor leads like 3 times (when doing wheellies I hit a few rocks, watch out for that if you have a circuit).

I burned up 3 of the stock motors then decided it was time to go brushless. Should have just started with the brushless model to begin with. Most of the brushed motors that come with rtr vehicles are just pure crap anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back