New Amp owner

hulkbash

Hello everyone,

I just got an amp for my son a few weeks ago and stumbled on this forum! We got the white and orange RTR package and so far tons of fun but he wasn't to fond of the color so we added some plastidip painted the letters on the tires and came out with this. I was initially just going to paint the outside of the body so i didn't have to mess around with stripping the paint but we were cleaning off the sticker residue with goof off and accidentally dripped some on the bottom and it was stripping the paint so we took as much as we could off and sprayed over the haze and the paint we couldn't get off and the end result was this marble effect I personally think it came out pretty cool! I look forward to learning and upgrading as this is our first real rc

Attachments

• 20160718_090440.jpg
    20160718_090440.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 25
Welcome aboard. I also painted the letters white, lol. It doesn't hold up too well though, have had to redo it several times already. But it just looks right.

If you can be bothered, clean the outside with dishsoap, let it dry and then spay on a gloss black polycarbonate spray (I use Tamiya), then if you want a really cool effect, masking tape the windows up and spray a coat of Tamiya flat clear over the top of the lot, let it dry and remove the window masks! It may scratch off after a few tumbles by it looks very cool in the meantime and its easy to do.

Members online

No members online now.
Back