No drive

Fordy_c

So I’ve just taken the Ruckus out and everything was fine then I changed the battery and had no drive what so ever.
Ecs isn’t making a beeping noise but it’s flashing, the front wheels turn fine but have no drive to the rear wheels.
No noise, grinding or anything when I press the throttle just dead.
Any ideas guy, The car was being driven quite easy so no impacts.
Cheers

Are you sure the battery is charged? I've done that before, put a dead battery in a truck. It will turn the wheels but you will have no throttle.
I tried 2 mate and I’d just charged them all the night before.
Cheers though

Check your throttle trim it may have gotten bumped and isn’t centered, I have that happen every once and a while...since I take care of my transmitters so well. (not)

Would a problem with the Esc cause it or would it not be that as the front wheels will still turn?
I’ve check the trim and it’s fine.

So I’ve just taken the Ruckus out and everything was fine then I changed the battery and had no drive what so ever.
Ecs isn’t making a beeping noise but it’s flashing, the front wheels turn fine but have no drive to the rear wheels.
No noise, grinding or anything when I press the throttle just dead.
Any ideas guy, The car was being driven quite easy so no impacts.
Cheers

The esc does not make the noise the motor does. Check the motor by directly hooking the motor leads to a battery. If it doesn't spin replace the motor.

You may have a dead motor.
Do you think? I wasn’t pushing it at all and it worked fine, the battery went I had to nip in doors for 20 mins came back out changed the battery and had this issue.
If it was the motor wouldn’t i of had some kind of sign, loss of power, burning smell etc?

Do you think? I wasn’t pushing it at all and it worked fine, the battery went I had to nip in doors for 20 mins came back out changed the battery and had this issue.
If it was the motor wouldn’t i of had some kind of sign, loss of power, burning smell etc?
I was running 12T Titans in one of my trucks, and it just stopped working. No smoke, no smell, no rolling truck. It just died dead in its tracks. That's when I went brushless

I was running 12T Titans in one of my trucks, and it just stopped working. No smoke, no smell, no rolling truck. It just died dead in its tracks. That's when I went brushless
So, I thought I’d try the truck again this morning and it worked!!!
Any ideas on causes?

So, I thought I’d try the truck again this morning and it worked!!!
Any ideas on causes?
Update, just taken it out and it’s happened again. It’s definitely not the motor , it’s electrical so it must be the esc as it’s all it can really be I guess.

Are you going to stay brushed, or go brushless?
It was the motor, took it to my local shop and I was about to go brushless until he told me I really need to spend £150-£200 on a decent motor and esc which put me off.
Just about to start a new thread about good, reliable brushless motors and esc that don’t break the bank.
Not really sure I wanna spend what I spent on the car to go brushless, I may aswell get a new car.
Thanks for your help mate

It was the motor, took it to my local shop and I was about to go brushless until he told me I really need to spend £150-£200 on a decent motor and esc which put me off.
Just about to start a new thread about good, reliable brushless motors and esc that don’t break the bank.
Not really sure I wanna spend what I spent on the car to go brushless, I may aswell get a new car.
Thanks for your help mate
Go with one of the motors I listed in post #11. They are really good brushed motors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back