Paint techniques

Vivendus

If i was to grab a clear shell and paint the underside a matt black, how easy would it be for me to use hobby tools or knives to scratch away parts of the paintwork to expose gaps? Im after a weathered look and would like to add metal rivots or deep scratches by adding a second coat of metallic silver over the black. After scratching the black before adding the silver i should be able to see the lines of silver yes?

Anyone experienced with acrylics?

The matte black will be glossy if you paint it on the underside. But yes you could scuff it and paint silver and see it fine. Or paint the inside silver and the outside black and let the scuffs naturally form and show through. And when it gets bad enough throw another coat on it.
This is such a great idea. I'm doing a Zombie Apocalypse theme truck. And this idea will be perfect. Thank u

The matte black will be glossy if you paint it on the underside. But yes you could scuff it and paint silver and see it fine. Or paint the inside silver and the outside black and let the scuffs naturally form and show through. And when it gets bad enough throw another coat on it.
Now I kinda want to do this. Claim all crashes were to help the paint.

Latest posts

Members online

Back