Parts compatibility? AMP/RUKUS/CIRCUIT

Beancents

Hello all! I currently own an AMP DB, and found a (broken) Rukus and (broken) Circuit for sale locally and was thinking about picking them up as parts cars..

Would there be any issues with mixing and matching parts? Electronics in particular? I noticed that the circuit has a separate RX unlike the Amp’s ESC/RX combo and was thinking that could be useful when I inevitably go brushless.

Thoughts?

As far as I know amp db and circuit are very comparable. I believe besides stock electronics, out of the box, they are the same. Ruckus is 1/18th scale so much less compatibility, if any. But if they are cheap scoop em up! Parts cars or future projects!

The amp and circuit chassis were identical besides the body mounts! I transferred the circuit’s esc & RX to my amp, and all seemed well until it started turning off randomly.

Still not sure if it’s a compatibility issue or just a bad ESC 🤔

Last edited:
The amp and circuit chassis were identical besides the body mounts! I transferred the circuit’s esc & RX to my amp, and all seemed well until it starting turning off randomly.

Still not sure if it’s a compatibility issue or just a bad ESC 🤔
Just read elsewhere the power cutoff may be because I’m using a 2s Lipo. Does the circuit require 3s?

EDIT: I read the manual. 3s is not required 🤪

Last edited:
Maybe intermittent connection between battery and esc?
Thanks for the suggestion! Checked, and connections seemed fine. After a few minutes of testing it seems to have fixed itself. Maybe I wasn’t moving the on/off switch all the way “on” and it was wiggling in the middle 🤷‍♂️

Planning on trying it out again tomorrow with a fresh battery. Hopefully I haven’t jinxed myself.

Thanks for the suggestion! Checked, and connections seemed fine. After a few minutes of testing it seems to have fixed itself. Maybe I wasn’t moving the on/off switch all the way “on” and it was wiggling in the middle 🤷‍♂️

Planning on trying it out again tomorrow with a fresh battery. Hopefully I haven’t jinxed myself.

The AMP and Circuit are 99.9% the same. They have different tires, different bodies and the shock towers are different. The electronics in the Circuit are going to be a little better: separate Rx and ESC. So you can upgrade/replace the motor/esc without having to get another radio, unless it comes with the STX2 just toss that in the trash.

The Ruckus the parts that won't work are obviously the chassis, the front suspension mount, the rear suspension mount, the rear mount, shock towers and I know there are a few other things that I cannot remember at the moment.

As far as I know amp db and circuit are very comparable. I believe besides stock electronics, out of the box, they are the same. Ruckus is 1/18th scale so much less compatibility, if any. But if they are cheap scoop em up! Parts cars or future projects!

Ruckus also comes in a 1/10 scale literally a Torment with different body, bumpers and tires. https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/1-10-ruckus-2wd-monster-truck-brushed-rtr/ECX03431.html

Torment 1/10 2wd.
MsEoxyQ.jpg

Ruckus 1/10 2wd
Kqcogfq.jpg

At one point in time there were 1/10 4wd versions of the Circuit, Torment and Ruckus but they weren't very good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back