Picked up a slash 4x4

HIX

My buddy had a slash 4x4 brushless that had tossed the pinion and tore up the spur gear and slipper. Since my amp is down due to a bad ecm I picked it and his venom lipos for super cheap, fixed the carnage and did some bashing. Aside from it being 4x4 and ridiculously fast I actually prefer the way the amp handles for the type of driving I do with the kids. I am sure it is great for the track but we hit the fields, skatepark, construction site, street with slanted curbs. The slash doesn't seem to deal with the sharp edge stuff very well. I am not talking full speed either, hitting the curb to the driveway in the amp and the slash at the same speed results in the amp soaking it up with a nice launch and the slash banging its way into an endo.

So with my amp fried I am wondering if I should try to swap the vxl3 electronics and motor from the slash to the amp and sell the slash chassis. It seems like it would be a tight fit but doable or just sell the traxxas and buy the brushless upgrades and maybe another spare BTR kit?

Anyone in the Denver area want to trade a upgraded amp and a stock amp for the slash?

Attachments

• IMG_0932.JPG
    IMG_0932.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 9
I got bored and swapped the motor and esc/rx over to the amp. It's just taped on but it flies even with using a nimh.

Attachments

• IMG_0935.JPG
    IMG_0935.JPG
    308.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 10
Looks like it does fit. I'd still sell the slash as a complete package, brushless kits for the amp are not hard to get.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back