Pinion gear keeps stripping

Flapper

So my pinoin gear keeps stripping on a ruckus i bought my on offer up came with a upgraded motor and a steel spur gear. Tride a few different things, like different amount of teeth and size of paper in between but still no luck!!! Any suggestions?

You need a hardened steel pinion when using a steel spur. Hot Racing and Robinson Racing make some good steel pinions.

Go with the steel hardened pinion. When you set the mesh make sure you push the motor against at the same time you tighten the motor screws. That paper should only come out if you turn the pinion. When i installed my 4000kv tazer setup i had to barely notch out the slotted motor ajustment hole to achieve proper mesh. I still run all plastic gears and i adjusted my slipper clutch to. All the way in and then 2 turns out. That way the diff will live for a while. Whatch landing at full throttle and dont set your brakes on the esc real strong. If you are locking up the tires going forward its ruff on the diff. I have had 6 wide open runs for 20 minutes at a time and its living pretty well sofar.

Go with the steel hardened pinion. When you set the mesh make sure you push the motor against at the same time you tighten the motor screws. That paper should only come out if you turn the pinion. When i installed my 4000kv tazer setup i had to barely notch out the slotted motor ajustment hole to achieve proper mesh. I still run all plastic gears and i adjusted my slipper clutch to. All the way in and then 2 turns out. That way the diff will live for a while. Whatch landing at full throttle and dont set your brakes on the esc real strong. If you are locking up the tires going forward its ruff on the diff. I have had 6 wide open runs for 20 minutes at a time and its living pretty well sofar.
Also with stock diff no batteries bigger than 2s lipo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back