Please Help

skitz

I"m having issues with my Torment 2WD SCT. I cannot mount either of my front tires. There's a little black hex bolt on the opposite side which just spins around when I try and secure the nut to the tire. Any help would be appreciated. Since it's not secure, I cannot remove the tires either.

Thanks

Last edited:
There should be a metal pin through the axle on which the nut fits. This prevents the nut or axle from spinning independently. The pin secures the nut to the axle. Try to clamp the hex bolt on the other side while loosening the lock nut. Remove tire and hex wheel nut. Slide metal pin through hole in axle and align slot in hex nut with pin and push together. The nut and axle will now turn together.

1542785669192.png

I initially replaced the stock tires with new ones made for running on a carpet track. Turns out, the new wheels became hungry and ate all 4 hex wheel nuts. Just replaced them with aluminum ones from the hobby shop. Put the old ones back on to run on the road/grass for now. Thanks again for a point in the right direction!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back