Pressed on pinion?

Rongant

Haven’t had much luck with my other post re: pinion choices etc- but anyways - I just ordered a hobbywing esc motor combo- the main thing is it comes with the same 2.5mm pinion shaft. The wierd thing is, I’m finding out the Ecx oem pinion is pressed on to the shaft, and the hobbywing uses standard set screws to hold pinion on. 1/18 Ecx ruckus

Is it tricky to remove a pressed on pinion?

If you just purchased a new ESC and motor, just spring for new pinions, they aren't that much. Even if you do manage to get the pinion off without damaging things, you would have to figure out how to press it back on without damaging things. It may be a simple thing, although I have never had to do it. If I remeber right I think Hot Racing has a spur and pinion set for these?

That’s the problem— I posted this same basic info Wednesday last week but unfortunately didn’t have any responses. I canceled that 2.0 mm goolrc motor combo, and got this 2.5mm shaft hobbywing combo coming Now, but the options for what to use for a pinion are very few for the 0.5mod gearing. And, I don’t mind paying $8 or $13 for a pinion, but they want $34 to ship it 🤬 totally ridiculous. Tiniest little package, makes no sense. Any chance you have a link to a 2.5mm shaft pinion, 0.5mod pitch that doesn’t charge stupid amounts for shipping?

I dont know much about the 1/18 Ruckus. I dont know what size of pinion you would want, 15T, 19T?
I did find a Mod 0.5 15T on the Amazons, but it is aluminum, not sure if that would be ok or not.
If you happen to be a Prime member on Amazon, shipping is free.
I dont know if I can help much I am not very familiar with this scale and gearing format.

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-Aluminum-Pinion-Gear/dp/B014YWTL8G

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back