Problems on the first runs!

Barilux

My name is Jorge and I am portuguese and new to the hobby. I recently bought an ECX Torment Brushless 2wd. I am having trouble with the first rides. It came with a very bad wall charger, that carges at 0,2A. The battery is a speedpack 7 cell, 2400mAh. I charge it for 12/15 hours, put it on the truck and it runs for 30 sec/1 min before it starts cutting the voltage ( at least that's what it looks like). I have the truck for 3 days and already went through this process 3/4 times. Also I disabled the voltage cutoff on the ESC to see if that was the problem. What It looks like is that the battery is not charging completely, but how can that be possible if it has been charging for so long. Thanks

Thanks wizard! that's what I suspected too. So I have one coming and since I plan to upgrade to lipo, I bought a used (conditon as new) Imax B6AC, genuine from SkyRC for aprox 50 USD. The charger you linked me to, seems pretty good for that price, but since I´m in Europe, the shipping would almost double the price. Till now Hobby king looks the best spot for me to buy spare parts because they have warehouse in Europe. Was a bit disapointed w the charger in the RTR kit, once that was not the one I was expecting to receive, it should come with a 2A charger.

Forgot to ask something! Anyone know if I can charge the battery with a XT60 plug on "charger side" and EC3 conector on "battery side"? I saw in a video that they fit, but I dont know if I should be doing that for charging.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back