Pull the trigger, won't go

Tracks2

Lately on my son's car when he squeezes the trigger, the car will not go right away. Then after about 30 seconds, plus sqeezing the trigger on and off, it finally goes. And it is getting worse.... What could it be?

Fresh batteries?
Check the receiver antenna wire hasn't been damaged and is connected properly. The frequency is dependant on the wire length so you shouldn't cut your wire either.

Is it trimmed properly? I know that some ESCs do not like to go from forward to reverse or the other way around in one go to avoid the drivetrain shock. My car wouldn't reverse consistently at one point because the trottle trim meant it was never in "neutral" so the ESC wouldn't let it into reverse.

We put in new batteries, checked the antenna wire, still hesitates to go. The steering still works but just won't go. I will check the trim.

Besides the trim on the remote, there is also the throttle position set on the ESC. Maybe somehow it got reset or was not set correctly from the factory. Another thought is drivetrain friction. If you remove part of the drivetrain (pinion, spur, etc.) does it help? Which torment do you have?

I'm having this issue myself. The motor spools up, but no power to the wheels. Started yesterday then drove no problem both times then today it doesn't want to go. I checked the antenna and it seems fine (steering also works great) and did the adjustment on the remote, but nothing. I don't see where I can adjust on the ESC. Checked for obstructions in the drivetrain, but can't see anything. This is on a fresh battery. 1/18th scale.

Edit: I can move the wheels slightly (with it off and one wheel at a time) and see that the other three wheels spin freely, so it doesn't seem like the drivetrain has binding. I should note that this ran great the first few days (broke it in properly and did all remote adjustments the first day). When it started this issue it ran strong all the way through the battery. Just seems like when I turn it off and recharge it, this happens and now it won't go at all

Last edited:
Found the issue. It's the slipper gear. How do I fix this? Is this supposed to have this white stuff? I can see it wanting to grip and does when I push on the diff, but when you stop, it lags before picking up again

Attachments

• IMG_20190727_195823.jpg
    IMG_20190727_195823.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Found the issue. It's the slipper gear. How do I fix this? Is this supposed to have this white stuff? I can see it wanting to grip and does when I push on the diff, but when you stop, it lags before picking up again

Try tightening up the slipper there is a nut in front of the spur gear to tighten the slipper. It's a bit of a pain to do if I remember. I would clean out all the dirt while your in there.

Thanks for the reply! Ok, I'm assuming that you have to remove the rear diff, but don't see how. I removed the screws, but nothing. It's just kind of loose

Is it this nut? If so, how do I tighten it up? Doesn't seem like it wants to go anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_20190730_181341.jpg
    IMG_20190730_181341.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 9
Update: So it ran great for the first day and now seems to have a lag in power. It wants to go then gets a burst in speed. Also, the rear seems to be more squirrelly, but I did raise the suspension to it's highest, so not sure what's going on.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back