Rear wheels.

RWaugh

Has any ruckus owners noticed how the rear wheel lock nuts come loose while driving. Even when they are cranked down. Mine has plastic spacers between the wheel and lock nut. And i noticed that the threads on the axle shaft do not go through the nylon on the end of the lock nut. I decided to use a medium hold permatex thread locker. Will that help keep my wheels tight?

The rear hex adapters should not be the wider ones used on the front wheels. I pretty much use thread lock on all my wheel nuts nowadays.

My favorite thread lock is the get type...HERE. I can control exactly how much comes out of the tip...less mess/less waste. Most thread lockers will attack certain plastics. So far, so good using it on wheel nuts alongside nylon based plastics.

Get serrated lock nuts they bite into the plastic a little they work far better than any other type of nut I’ve used, even when the locking part wears out they still stay on.

First time using my Ruckus last night, and my wheel came flying off. I was able to locate the spacer, but couldn't find the nut. So that put an end to my fun.

Latest posts

Members online

Back