Recommend a decent steering servo for Boost?

I see. Shipping kind of kills that one for me though. The servo is like 13 euros and the shipping around 10... If the $4 one sucks I might get the Power HD 1501MG for around 12 euros delivered.

I've been running my car with the Turnigy 1258TG servo (a rebranded PowerHD 8312) handling steering for a few weeks now: practice session at the local indoor track and even a race (in which, due to adrenaline, all caution is thrown to the wind). The Turnigy 1258TG servo has held up well with no issues.

Plenty of crashes, cartwheels, endos, flips, close encounters with other cars and trucks, and the one sure-fire killer move: catching a wheel on a sidewall at high speed. This catches the tire and yanks the wheels in towards the walls. I'm running the RPM "servo saver eliminator" steering bellcrank attached to the servo with a plastic servo horn/arm. The servo arm broke as I had hoped, with no apparent damage to, or impaired function of, the servo.

The Turnigy 1258TG servo itself is quick (not the fastest, but at .10 second for 60-degrees of transit it's plenty responsive for US$35-ish), torquey, and so far durable. Definitely a good buy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back