Rough day at the track...

i_r_beej

I plan on racing a few times this summer so I've been spending some time at a local indoor track. It's lots of fun, but crashes on the carpeted concrete are tough on the car! Plus my tires are picking up all kinds of "tire sauce" goo and melted rubber and carpet fuzz. :)

I must have hit a wall pretty hard because I bent the right camber turnbuckle. I removed it, bent it back into shape and drove some more. And hit a wall again and bent the SAME turnbuckle. Not sure if it's got another tweaking left in it. Maybe Ti turnbuckles are in the future?

My Boost. I recently swapped out the stock plastic links for Associated steel turnbuckles and RPM heavy duty rod ends. I've ordered a set of Associated Ti turnbuckes. Hopefully the resiliency of titanium will do a better job.

I will. The titanium turnbuckles are due to arrive today. I'll probably get around to replacing the front camber links this weekend. I'll probably just replace the front and rear camber links and leave the steering turnbuckles as steel for now. Keep the Ti turnbuckles for steering in reserve for the time when one of those bends.

So far I've only replaced the front camber links with the Associated titanium turnbuckles. I love titanium-- holding them in my palm it was like there was nothing there.

Anyway, I've got one track session with the new ti turnbuckles so far and it was a typical day at the track. A few strong hits to the front end that torqued the steering servo horn out of place (I was running the RPM "servo saver eliminator" steering rack WITHOUT a servo saver!) but no bent camber links. I suppose only time will tell.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back