Share your Torment suspension setup

FrannaM

I am currently doing a whole new suspension setup on my Torment. I am trying to achieve a Trophy truck kind of suspension. This will not be for big jumps, but rather going over rough terrain at high speeds. My current thoughts:
  • Use traxxas big bore shocks or ECX alu shocks in the rear
  • Use ECX rear shocks in the front with no preload spacers, light weight shock oil and soft springs (the front of the torment has some weights to it to balance out the heavier rear)
  • Stance will be - rear parallel to the surface, front slightly angled upwards
Any thoughts and input?

For all I know the torment won’t work good for a trophy truck set up. Trophy trucks have a solid back axle and a completely different suspension design than 2wd full independent suspension vehicles.

And their usually fwd

Best bet would be thinner shock oils

Did not mean I want to achieve full on Trophy truck setup (torment chassis not designed that way). Then I would rather get the Traxxas UDR. I installed rear shocks in the front with light oil (Losi 27.5) and rear ECX Alu shocks in the rear. Must say the rear shocks in the front gives massive suspension travel. I still used the shorter front shock springs on the rear shock body with 2 x preload spacers. Did a test run yesterday and was awesome. Front end handled the rough terrain great.

Also interested to know what type of suspension setups other guys use on their Torments.

I believe the long travel suspension with soft springs and light oil will work well for rough loose terrain. You could try getting adjustable camber links for the rear and shorten them to make the car handle better on dusty stuff.

I have Traxxas Titanium Big Bore shock absorbers all around with 1 preload spacer for each of the rear shock absorbers to maintain stability on the clay track. I also have 3-degree camber outward for the front and no camber for the rear. On top of that, I have the shocks mounted to the stock shock tower for lowest setting on the front and the medium setting on the rear. I have not seen any problems with this setup, but I still would like to know if there is a better setup better for handling with the Traxxas shock absorbers, also, I can't re-align the front camber because I don't have the equipment to do so.

I have Traxxas Titanium Big Bore shock absorbers all around with 1 preload spacer for each of the rear shock absorbers to maintain stability on the clay track.......
Get rid of the dual rate springs on your stock Traxxas shocks. Go with a single rate spring. I went with a Losi brand spring. You can check that link above I have listed. Gives you my setup.
I would go with a 2 degree camber up front and 1.5 in the rear.
Sorry, just saw big bore. I'm running Ultras. Anyways, if it has the dual rate springs, I would get rid of them.

What tire setup?

I wanted something that would do me good both on the racecource and on the driveway at home, so I have Traxxas Anacondas all around with the rustler rims. When I go to a track with looser clay/dirt, I use the stock Dynamite Speedtreads Shootout because it's the closest thing to pincushion tires that I have.

The list of modifications I have for my 2wd torment are:
A few 50C LiPos
Traxxas Anaconda tires
Traxxas Titanium big bore shock absorbers
Hitec X1 Mini charger
Aluminium Driveshafts
Metal Gearbox
Turnigy Trackstar 13.5t stock class ROAR approved brushless combo
I have not upgraded the transmitter yet, but I might if and when the stock one finally breaks?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back