Shock oil changing

Jon0822

I just changed my shock oil and I filled the rears 1/2 full and the fronts 3/4 full, I feel I should have done them the other way around because the rear still sags a little bit rebounds way better than previous. What do you guys suggest for how much oil to fill the shocks with? The oil I used btw is Pictured below 5479

I fill them full with the shaft full compressed. They come in different weights/thickness, that's how you tune the amount of damping/speed of the shock.

Shock oil only slows the speed of the shock, it's not used for slowing the distance the shock travels or how much sag it has. You adjust that with stiffer springs and preload spacers.

I fill them full with the shaft full compressed. They come in different weights/thickness, that's how you tune the amount of damping/speed of the shock.

Shock oil only slows the speed of the shock, it's not used for slowing the distance the shock travels or how much sag it has. You adjust that with stiffer springs and preload spacers.
Interesting to learn, what would you suggest for a stiffer spring for the MT?

Watch this video. It teaches you how to rebuild your shocks and set the rebound on them. Depending where and how you drive your rc will depend on how much rebound you need.

Yep. You want zero to no air preferred. Unless you want faster rebound, then do not remove all the air per se'. This though gives you inconsistent of building of shocks around. Consistency is key..

You want to screw caps on as fluid pushes out. Slowly pushing your shock shaft inward. Do not pull shaft out until cap tight.
Best is loosen shock Cap one time and repeat to make sure 100% air out. It takes practice.........you will not nail it on the first try.

Tons of how to videos on shock rebuilding. They are all pretty much the same concept, and most definite full on fluid.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back