Spur And pinion

Ethan-playsrc

I have a brushless motor for my ruckus 1/10 2wd and i need a 5mm bar pinion and a spur gear does anyone have any part numbers or recomendation

Best is too just Google the size you need and see where its sold. I would look at an all steel set.
I beg to differ on an all steel set. If you have your gear mesh set correctly, you won't have any problems. If not, you'll strip the spur gear which is the easiest and least expensive part to replace in the drivetrain.

Stock ECX spur is 87. I'm running a 18 and 19 tooth pinion depending on how warm it is outside. Robinson Racing hardened steel pinions are great and inexpensive. Like Jddemelfi said, google it. Add 5mm to narrow the search.

I beg to differ on an all steel set. If you have your gear mesh set correctly, you won't have any problems. If not, you'll strip the spur gear which is the easiest and least expensive part to replace in the drivetrain.

Stock ECX spur is 87. I'm running a 18 and 19 tooth pinion depending on how warm it is outside. Robinson Racing hardened steel pinions are great and inexpensive. Like Jddemelfi said, google it. Add 5mm to narrow the search.
3 s lipo on a castle brushless system and 8th scale tires had proven that to be un true for me. I've broken literally every component and replaced them multiple times. I even had to install larger hubs and bearings in the rear to deal with the extra stress.

3 s lipo on a castle brushless system and 8th scale rice and cane style tires had proven that to be un true for me. I've broken literally every component and replaced them multiple times. I even had to install larger hubs and bearings in the rear to deal with the extra stress. I can't run any pinion over 19. Unless its winter time. My RC is very impractical.... but man its fun.

3 s lipo on a castle brushless system and 8th scale tires had proven that to be un true for me. I've broken literally every component and replaced them multiple times. I even had to install larger hubs and bearings in the rear to deal with the extra stress.
You vastly overpowered and over geared it plus put far too large and heavy a wheel and tire. Plus your slipper must not be set properly. There is a big difference between brushless and 8th scale power (and weight). My Amp MT runs 3S brushless with just the metal gear set and I have broken nothing.

You vastly overpowered and over geared it plus put far too large and heavy a wheel and tire.
Exactly what I was going for. And it all works now..... have AVC and I run my slipper set correctly bieve it or not.... It was built to be ridiculous... And it is. . The suspension is all custom. Thing is an absolute beast. Only regret is not using a 4wd platform.

Exactly what I was going for. And it all works now..... have AVC and I run my slipper set correctly bieve it or not.... It was built to be ridiculous... And it is. . The suspension is all custom. Thing is an absolute beast. Only regret is not using a 4wd platform.
It’s what you were going for but you are using your extreme example to disagree with what is likely the best advice for OP, to keep the stock plastic spur gear and not go to steel. I think it’s the best advice despite your extreme edge case where steel might be required.

I recommend doing what I did - get yourself a nice Arrma 6S next. ? The EXB rollers are made for you. They have the Kraton and Mojave EXBs and I’m sure an Outcast is on the way.

Latest posts

Members online

Back