Still “sending” my Amp.

Jeb

1FEE89EE-B18F-4C95-8D00-8649DC0F4B4B.jpeg 27222618-368E-4C31-8529-EC0F889ADBF9.jpeg Lately I’ve been more focused on my race trucks, but I always Bring my Amp as a spare or in case of a rain out. I raced it again a few weeks ago when my Pro2 broke down. Today we played with speed runs. I started with a Castle 4600 and 26t pinion and then switched back to the Kinnexis 4000kv with 26t pinion. I was able to leave it pinned for long because of traffic and don’t really trust the accuracy of my old phones gps app. It said 43mph, but it felt much faster. Just short runs and then a cool down. Then we let her rip in the skatepark. This is one tough rig. Here’s a little video of skatepark air.

https://www.facebook.com/100001375806141/posts/1785540514835125/

Last edited:
What is that "c" shaped blue plate around the pinion??

I'm guessing that's a heatsink for the motor. If that's true though, I can't imagine it does much as it only contacts the motor through the mounting screws. Not enough metal to metal contact to wick away heat.

Im sure it helps with preventing the motor screws pulling through the plastic my ecx ruckus is around 5 years old now and the plastic is starting to wear through, around the screw from so many rebuilds.

I can’t get traction to get a real speed measurement on gravel. All I know is that it’s stoopid fast on 3s. Even got the Old Blazer body remounted. Heyitsme is correct. You should have metal gears and measuring heat is the best way to figure out what the Amp can handle. Be warned though. The faster you make it, the more it’s going to break. I’m just messing around with speed runs. The gearing I put in can only be run for about a minute at a time and then it has to cool down. We tried again last night. Here’s the video. Guess we need to find some pavement.

I can’t get traction to get a real speed measurement on gravel. All I know is that it’s stoopid fast on 3s. Even got the Old Blazer body remounted. Heyitsme is correct. You should have metal gears and measuring heat is the best way to figure out what the Amp can handle. Be warned though. The faster you make it, the more it’s going to break. I’m just messing around with speed runs. The gearing I put in can only be run for about a minute at a time and then it has to cool down. We tried again last night. Here’s the video. Guess we need to find some pavement.
I was slowly increasing throttle and just past half throttle it would pop a wheelie and flip at 46mph.

Can you leave a link to what spur and pinion gear you are you using? I migh eat this combo, nice
Edit- lol I meant get not eat XD

Last edited:
It’s the stock 87t spur and a 26t pinion. 26t pinion is the biggest pinion you can fit without drilling the motor screw slot bigger. You must have heavy duty driveshafts to run this gearing and have a temp gun handy so you know when to let it cool down.

What body is that? The one in your profile?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back