Switching to brushless! Have some Questions

Yeah, hold it down before you flip the switch. I had to do that as it was putting it in programming mode not calibration mode after powering it on and holding the button after.

Still no luck. But until I figure it out I’m still playing hahahah. This thing is wicked fast now. Got my new aluminum spur gear in. This thing was popping wheelies at 40+mph. Nasty. Decided to put a wheelie bar on it. Definately made for a traxxas but a nice little mod it made.

Attachments

• C17DF126-C59B-4755-A58B-2ABC4122B334.jpeg
    C17DF126-C59B-4755-A58B-2ABC4122B334.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 2
Not sure about that particular motor/ESC but I just installed a Castle Sidewinder 4 with a 5700kv motor. It. Freakin. Flies. I did shred the spur gear in my first outting but that was total user error. I didn’t tighten up the slipper enough. The guy at the LHS had me tighten up all the way. With the new gear it just screams. The biggest need I have now is tires. The stock ruckus tires don’t have any grip at all so it slides all over the place. I have the aluminum hex nuts and I’m not sure if it’s that or the stronger motor, but my back wheels are starting to strip out. Not concerned about it because I have the new wheels/tires coming. Going with the Proline Trenchers. I have not upgraded my diff yet. That part is also on the way but the stock diff is hanging in so far. Just don’t think it’ll last long. Haven’t done drive shafts either but I will soon I suspect. The SW4 comes with a fan so it’s keeping plenty cool. Oh, I also went with a 18T (I think) pinion. I think the stock one is 17T. That adds a little speed also I’m told. I hear with the brushless system the heat is more of an issue with the ESC as opposed to the motor so I think the fan is a must. Especially if you’re going to do 3s. I’m running 2s. Best of luck!
I’ve melted hexes from bad wheel bearings. They start to heat up as they wear out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back