TEAM STAB RC Barrage BTD Kit Build

Yo Pete, I’ve been thinking about getting a Redcat Everest 10 so I can use the drivetrain on my Barrage. Got too now that that your truck will be able to go over the river and through the woods. Lol Is this a bad idea ?

I have now bent both the front and rear axles at the hex pin hole. Was thinking about calling Horizon, but now I can’t stop thinking about just getting the Everest 10 for a parts truck. It’s $160, and damn it Pete it’s your fault. You and your fun ideas Haha !

I have now bent both the front and rear axles at the hex pin hole. Was thinking about calling Horizon, but now I can’t stop thinking about just getting the Everest 10 for a parts truck. It’s $160, and damn it Pete it’s your fault. You and your fun ideas Haha !
Also, please do call Horizon and let them know about the bent axle shafts. They should sort that out. Thanks.

Also, please do call Horizon and let them know about the bent axle shafts. They should sort that out. Thanks.
I called Horizon today. Not much help with the axles, he claimed they didn’t have any in stock. I laughed to myself, because at my local Hobbytown the dude was excited to show me the axles that just came in for only $31. I didn’t say anything though cause I still needed the missing shock piece that wasn’t in my new kit. After some more time on hold he was all proud to send me something i guess lol. Anyway, getting pissed off would have gotten me nothing. At least I got my shock part for “free”. Oh well, I’m still having fun.

I called Horizon today. Not much help with the axles, he claimed they didn’t have any in stock. I laughed to myself, because at my local Hobbytown the dude was excited to show me the axles that just came in for only $31. I didn’t say anything though cause I still needed the missing shock piece that wasn’t in my new kit. After some more time on hold he was all proud to send me something i guess lol. Anyway, getting pissed off would have gotten me nothing. At least I got my shock part for “free”. Oh well, I’m still having fun.
Isn't it interesting that Horizon doesn't admit that the axle shafts are garbage, and yet they seem to be unable to keep them in stock? Are people getting lots of back up axle shafts? Are they buying the toothpick shafts for a special project? I think not.

It’s laughable, and he actually told me that the replacement set is stronger than what came in the truck. And that was after I clearly explained I had a V-2 kit, not the RTR, and asked him specifically if he had any word on plans for stronger parts. He’s a lying bastard lol. It felt like he was ready to be a dick right away after hearing which truck I was asking about. As if he had been dealing with disappointed Barrage owners all day long HAHA. I just rolled with his BS, knowing I was ready to verbally assault him if he got an attitude. He also asked me if I had ever called before. After telling him no and that I haven’t even been into RC for 25 years, he magically found a shock kit for me. I was missing a shock piece from the factory. Oh well, I’ll keep bending the axles back until they snap. Definitely need a tougher truck, and will probably just take it easy on my Barrage. I’ll leave the toughest trails for my new truck I guess. Later Pete, and get those videos working. I need to see your beast crushing some rocks !

I was bad today. Went to my LHS to maybe pick up a set of axles for my Barrage. Perhaps that 72 Chevy C-10 body and some paint. Maybe even a 2s 5000 Lipo. But no, I didn’t get any of that stuff. I walked out with a Silver Gen 7 sport. Very bad lol

I was bad today. Went to my LHS to maybe pick up a set of axles for my Barrage. Perhaps that 72 Chevy C-10 body and some paint. Maybe even a 2s 5000 Lipo. But no, I didn’t get any of that stuff. I walked out with a Silver Gen 7 sport. Very bad lol

Get a dust cover for the Barrage. I suspect it will be enjoying some shelf time, well deserved. If I were you, I'd enjoy the Gen7 and build up the Barrage as you have time/get parts. Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks Pete, should I put the RC4WD wheels on the cat. Switch with the Barrage wheels only of course?

Well, I have two thoughts on that. On the one hand, you could upgrade the better truck (Gen7) and make it even better. On the other hand, especially if you're going to trail/crawl them together, I'd put the hop ups on the Barrage, so it has a better chance of keeping up.

Good point, but if I get to wrenching.....lol who knows what could happen. Also, I wanted to mention that I paid $180. I thought it was $200, but got a $20 discount. I didn’t argue lol

Good point, but if I get to wrenching.....lol who knows what could happen. Also, I wanted to mention that I paid $180. I thought it was $200, but got a $20 discount. I didn’t argue lol
Yeah, they gave me 20% off my Ascender K5 kit when I asked if I could send the Barrarbage back to them. Not a bad kit for $200 ;)

12493F01-6854-4497-9024-AF2808A9B778.jpeg 680098FF-76EA-4632-855A-0F277546D271.jpeg ADD82C66-9D0A-40BC-84C3-05124AFAB87C.jpeg Hell yah ! I just installed my Barrage rear bumper on the front of the Cat. Did the bumper mount flip, and added some aluminum tow hooks. It will do for now. What do ya think ?

The frame on the Cat is 7mm wide, and the Barrage is 6.5mm. The bumper posts are a lil to narrow, but fit if ya cram em in lol

Can’t help myself, I’m about to try a wheel swap. Also gonna swap the Cat 15kg servo with the 20 I just put in the Barrage. Hopefully the aluminum Servo Horn fits on the Cat. Couldn’t use it on the Barrage cause it lined up poorly, and caused binding. Gonna watch some upgrade videos, and work on this thing. One more thing, looks like the Sports are shipping with the steering update upgrade, and aluminum hexes.

Wheel swap is a no go. The RC4WD tires fit on the Cat wheels nicely, but the Cat tires bead pops out as you tighten down the RC4WD wheels. Oh well the Cat wheels have a lil weight to em, and they look pretty good either truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back