Titan 12T in boost

Rehab79

I got a Titan 12T brushed motor in my boost, it runs fast now :) but I am wondering what pinion gear I should use, I tried a 15t pinion but it was too small to fit, the motor wouldn't go across enough for it to mesh properly.

My friend is using an 18t pinion gear with the Titan 12T. It seems to work well and doesn't get the motor too hot.

I would personally recommend the pinion gear brand Robinson Racing. Their gears are way stronger than the carbon-dust of a pinion gear that comes stock with the truck. They are also easier to tighten, which is a plus because I've broken around 4 or 5 of the stock gears from accidentally over tightening them ( which is unfortunately easy for me to do :()

I would personally recommend the pinion gear brand Robinson Racing. Their gears are way stronger than the carbon-dust of a pinion gear that comes stock with the truck. They are also easier to tighten, which is a plus because I've broken around 4 or 5 of the stock gears from accidentally over tightening them ( which is unfortunately easy for me to do :()

I agree. I use robinson racing gears on other RCs, they are very durable.

(...) I've broken around 4 or 5 of the stock gears from accidentally over tightening them

Do you know about the trick where you use paper to set the mesh? I've been using the paper of the manual and so far it's been great, no dramas. I haven't had a motor as hot as a 12T in there but the Fireball 15T is happy.

@Rehab79 did you upgrade your ESC or use the boost stock ESC ?

The stock ESC says it'll go down to 12T on the side but I've seen the 15T number bandied about as well. Probably a case of there's 12T and then there's 12T, but it's good to know the Titan works!

I just recently replaced all the stock motors in my ECX products for the titan 12t 550 motor and what a difference it made.The only mod I had to do is drill a hole in the cover.The shaft that the pinion gear is on is a bit longer and it makes it tough to put the cover on.

I ran a Titan 550 canned 12t in my Bomber with the stock AE-5 ESC. It did well until I put a 3s pack in there and it quickly smoked the ESC. Then I did my research and found out that the 550 12t is equivalent to a 35t 540 winding wise. It has more tq and more speed and isn't rated for 3s usage. Just throwing that out there. But on 2s should do fine with most ESCs rated for a 12t and up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back