Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest ECX RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the ECX brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

To shop online or Not?

Discussion in 'General Chaos' started by Jmac, May 4, 2018.

1. Jmac

Jmac Active Member

I have always stayed loyal to my local stores, but I have recently found online shopping to be way cheaper I'm just not convinced that it' worth it. I have made friends at the shop and they claim they don' do online shopping. Idk this is dumb sorry.

2. X

X Conspiracy of One
    Staff Member Supporting Member

For me, I have no stores that are close and they never stock what I want. It's just so much easier to shop online. If I have questions about stuff, I just go to the applicable forum. Like this one. :cool:

Jmac likes this.
  3. Jmac

Jmac Active Member

You know that is so true ,mine rarely has what I'm looking for. I guess I like the interaction, and I feel like I'm doing a disservice to my commuity. I' thinking to much into this lol

And they never ever have answers for me. I think it' cause I don' have a 8s x max or axial

4. X

X Conspiracy of One
    Staff Member Supporting Member

You mean having an ECX doesn't make you one of the cool kids? >mind blown< :D

Biz73 likes this.
  5. Biz73

Biz73 Well-Known Member

I have no hobby shops in my county, and I can't drive due to epilepsy, so all of my shopping is done online. It would be nice to have a shop to actually see stuff in person and meet other people into rc, but if all they were into was Traxxas, I wouldn't want to hang there anyway.

Jmac likes this.
  6. Steve g

Steve g Active Member

Had a shop close to me till they shut down last year. Must say they don't know as much as they should have. Even about the main brands. Only reason I went there was to hide how much I was spending on my wraith from the wife. Little harder to do that online, when packages show up when I'm not home and she is... was nice to be able to get what I needed that day if something broke.

Jmac likes this.
  7. Music411

Music411 Well-Known Member

My local shop is an hour away.. online is the way to go.

8. Arturlow

Arturlow Member

I do a mix of both, i really like going to the local store and looking at all the stuff they have, even getting some of the used stuff they have. also they always help me out by giving me pointers or flat out crash courses on RC stuff....however, sometimes the price difference is too big and i just get it online.

BkRc4 likes this.
  9. xlDooM

xlDooM Well-Known Member

I like going to the brick n mortar stores, it really rekindles your RC love to take off some bodies and admire the chassis, prod the suspension and feel the smooth damping... Never bought an rc there though, luckily it is a big toy store and I bought plenty of other stuff there so I don't have to feel guilty.

What you say is true though, for both knowledge and good prices, online is where it is at. Never seen a lipo in the store that wasn't at least 50% overpriced.

10. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

In most cases I always recommend supporting your LHS as much as you can. These guys are a huge life line into keeping the hobby going and getting more people into the hobby - a hobby that appears to be dying before our very eyes.

There is a big benefit of being able to swing down to your LHS and pick up a broken piece, or check out the new RC in person that you've been eyeing. But if you don't support them then guess what, they close. Unless the price difference is just to much then buy from your local guys for sure.

Jmac likes this.
  11. Jmac

Jmac Active Member

Right after I did thus post I ordered the junfac hub extenders. I was told it would take a week to get to me and they showed up in 2 days. I plan on utilizing the internet a lil more.

12. frankenamp

frankenamp Member

my closest LHS is about an hour away from where I live, plus being limited on rc funds ... I do most of my shopping online