To shop online or Not?

Jmac

I have always stayed loyal to my local stores, but I have recently found online shopping to be way cheaper I'm just not convinced that it' worth it. I have made friends at the shop and they claim they don' do online shopping. Idk this is dumb sorry.

For me, I have no stores that are close and they never stock what I want. It's just so much easier to shop online. If I have questions about stuff, I just go to the applicable forum. Like this one. :cool:

For me, I have no stores that are close and they never stock what I want. It's just so much easier to shop online. If I have questions about stuff, I just go to the applicable forum. Like this one. :cool:
You know that is so true ,mine rarely has what I'm looking for. I guess I like the interaction, and I feel like I'm doing a disservice to my commuity. I' thinking to much into this lol

And they never ever have answers for me. I think it' cause I don' have a 8s x max or axial

And they never ever have answers for me. I think it' cause I don' have a 8s x max or axial

You mean having an ECX doesn't make you one of the cool kids? >mind blown< :D

I have no hobby shops in my county, and I can't drive due to epilepsy, so all of my shopping is done online. It would be nice to have a shop to actually see stuff in person and meet other people into rc, but if all they were into was Traxxas, I wouldn't want to hang there anyway.

Had a shop close to me till they shut down last year. Must say they don't know as much as they should have. Even about the main brands. Only reason I went there was to hide how much I was spending on my wraith from the wife. Little harder to do that online, when packages show up when I'm not home and she is... was nice to be able to get what I needed that day if something broke.

I do a mix of both, i really like going to the local store and looking at all the stuff they have, even getting some of the used stuff they have. also they always help me out by giving me pointers or flat out crash courses on RC stuff....however, sometimes the price difference is too big and i just get it online.

I like going to the brick n mortar stores, it really rekindles your RC love to take off some bodies and admire the chassis, prod the suspension and feel the smooth damping... Never bought an rc there though, luckily it is a big toy store and I bought plenty of other stuff there so I don't have to feel guilty.

What you say is true though, for both knowledge and good prices, online is where it is at. Never seen a lipo in the store that wasn't at least 50% overpriced.

In most cases I always recommend supporting your LHS as much as you can. These guys are a huge life line into keeping the hobby going and getting more people into the hobby - a hobby that appears to be dying before our very eyes.

There is a big benefit of being able to swing down to your LHS and pick up a broken piece, or check out the new RC in person that you've been eyeing. But if you don't support them then guess what, they close. Unless the price difference is just to much then buy from your local guys for sure.

In most cases I always recommend supporting your LHS as much as you can. These guys are a huge life line into keeping the hobby going and getting more people into the hobby - a hobby that appears to be dying before our very eyes.

There is a big benefit of being able to swing down to your LHS and pick up a broken piece, or check out the new RC in person that you've been eyeing. But if you don't support them then guess what, they close. Unless the price difference is just to much then buy from your local guys for sure.
Right after I did thus post I ordered the junfac hub extenders. I was told it would take a week to get to me and they showed up in 2 days. I plan on utilizing the internet a lil more.

Well for those of us who purchase items off eBay, a vast majority of the sellers are hobby stores, so in theory we are supporting someone else's hobby store lol. I can't remember which seller it is but they even send you a copy of the POS receipt with your part(s).

I do a mix of local and online.

I have the good fortune to have a fantastic Hobby Town less than 10 minutes away. A track I frequently race at (45 mins away) also has an incredible shop attached to it. There are two more on the way home from my day job.

On trend affecting retail is "showrooming" whereby folks go to local retail to look at the product and then buy online. I tend to do the opposite with RC products: I'll research online (HH, AMain, etc) and then call local retail. Frequently they have what I need or recommend a suitable alternate-- so I buy local. However, on the occasion that I need to buy multiples of an item, or local retail doesn't have what I need I order online.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back