Torrent 4WD - Going brushless

mhlm17

Hi fellas,

New poster and member. Just entered the world of hobby RC last week with a new Torrent 4WD (brushed) running on 2S.

After a couple runs, I'm already wanting more speed/torque, and now need to go brushless. As much as I've researched online, I'm not 100% comfortable knowing exactly what motor/esc combo to purchase. It's only going to be used for bashing, and I'm sticking with the 2S. I'd be very thankful if anyone can recommend exactly what setup I would need to purchase (canadian sites), and would prefer to stay in the >$250 range.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MHLM17

Yes the Castle Creations combo would work. I'd just make sure on the weight of your RC. Castle likes to use that as a gauge in their recommendations. Castle motor are pretty darn tough, it's the speed controls that has me thinking on doing some more research on specific model of ESC. The first couple of versions of the Sidewinders had some issues. I'm pretty sure the current Sidewinders are up to par with durability. Maybe someone will jump in here and confirm.

Hobbywing EZRun MAX10 SCT Sensorless Brushless ESC/3660SL Motor Combo (4000kV) is what I would possibly use. I'm not a speed freak and the 4000kv motor would be overkill for me. I could not find the right MAX10 combo (for me) so I would have to buy the ESC/motor of my choice separately. That's why I had recommended the other Hobbywing 120A ESC in earlier post. As with anything, look at spec to make sure items will fit. ESCs can vary in size depending on brand and model.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back