Transmission

Budsonly31

Hey everyone I have 2 ecx1/10 2wd ruckus both brushless I would like to know if anyone knows what metal gear box will fix them and if they work good I hate all this plastic yea I know I need tires lol

Attachments

• 20220531_201427.jpg
    20220531_201427.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220602_191733.jpg
    20220602_191733.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 4
Hey everyone I have 2 ecx1/10 2wd ruckus both brushless I would like to know if anyone knows what metal gear box will fix them and if they work good I hate all this plastic yea I know I need tires lol
I been upgrading to metal little by little I'm getting alittle bit better at finding parts at frist everything I bought didn't fit I have alot of spare parts and tires alot of striped out rims from lug nut coming loose my dynamite mortor locked up on my couple of days ago so I bought a 90 dollar combo at local hobby shop it's a horizon hobby 4000 and ant got nothing on that dynamite

ECX9001 is a set of internal metal gears. It’s holding up to 3S 100C 10bl120 3674 for me on proline badlands. I’m also running a metal spur and hardened steel axles.

The AX10 trans can be installed with some modifications. There is a lot of aftermarket support for it including all metal gears and cases, different slippers, etc. Downside is it is a locker so that would be a poor choice for racing

Thanks man I had metal spur gear on mine but burnt threw so many pinon gears don't know if it was the gear box the mesh or the spur gear so I went back to plastic spur gear then it started to burn cluch up i have 2 ecx ruckus 1/10 I got one that is running good the only problem I'm having with it is keeping the steering arms on any ideas on that thanks for your help

What is the best clutch i have been buying stuff for years and it usually don't fit or don't work tired of wasting my money I even made my own it worked but it wouldn't stay on spur gear

I don't know the name of the gear in gear box that has bearing on each side but thT is the one I need to get other car running and can u buy them buy there self

Thanks man I had metal spur gear on mine but burnt threw so many pinon gears don't know if it was the gear box the mesh or the spur gear so I went back to plastic spur gear then it started to burn cluch up i have 2 ecx ruckus 1/10 I got one that is running good the only problem I'm having with it is keeping the steering arms on any ideas on that thanks for your help

I run Traxxas 3471x (I order two sets) for all my suspension arms. I previously had a set of the metal adjustable length arms with the two lock nuts and heim joints at each end, after just one run there was more play in the ball ends of them than the stock stuff. I recommend getting away from the stock ball/cup connection entirely. RPM and Hot-Racing offer steering "servo savers." I have run both, there are pros and cons to each but both are better than stock and less sloppy.

It was likely the gear mesh issue. 48p likes to be a little on the tight side, but you should always have a hardened steel pinion when using a metal spur gear. I have also had a problem with the slipper disks, but mine was that they wouldn't hold big power they would burn up or spin on the spur. I solved that by making my own. You can find more details in my thread here:

https://www.ecxforum.com/threads/hi-from-nj.3270/

What is the best clutch i have been buying stuff for years and it usually don't fit or don't work tired of wasting my money I even made my own it worked but it wouldn't stay on spur gear

I made my own and superglued it on. I also run the slipper very tight and replaced the locknut with doubled nuts and loctite.

I don't know the name of the gear in gear box that has bearing on each side but thT is the one I need to get other car running and can u buy them buy there self
Untitled.png

The input shaft gear, the idler gear, and the differential gear (part 33) all use 2 bearings. The diff uses two large bearings externally and the idler and input shaft gear each use two small ones internally. ECX1022 is the part number for the set (not available individually). If that is the part you need, just order ECX9001 it is the full metal versions of each. 2S or greater you will eventually destroy the stock ones.

And them plates that come with them cheap slipper clutch are junk lol I think every time I buy one they come bent

this is the specific post where I start discussing the issues I was having with the stock-style slipper clutch assemblies and the next 3 posts detail the trials and errors which eventually resulted in something that works.

Post in thread 'hi from NJ'
https://ecxforum.com/threads/hi-from-nj.3270/post-24717

And this is it today, roughly 3 weeks later. Haven't touched it since. We run about one 3s pack through it a day, on average.
D1024573-D6C1-4C13-A1D4-6963EC9DC615.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks man for all info helps out alot I all gears are metal just missing that one cus let friend get it didn't know if u could buy just one gear bit I'm putting that one on hold for now got to get my other one right frist and I just got a ecx torment don't know if it's a 18 or 24 but it needs everything for it it's a 4wd will take pics of it when I get home and send them

This is all I got of this one should I rebuilt it or just buy one new

Attachments

• 20220716_142554.jpg
    20220716_142554.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220716_142500.jpg
    20220716_142500.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 3
Check out this thing see the big fans it has would like to modify them to go on my motor

Attachments

• 20220716_143545.jpg
    20220716_143545.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 3
If you run a metal spur you must run hardened steel pinions Robinson Racing makes some of the best pinions available but make sure you get the hardened ones or you will just destroy them with the steel spur gear.

By steering arms I am assuming you mean this part?
2q35trsedgred.jpg

Best fix for the screws constantly coming out of those is to get these https://www.ebay.com/itm/152699186256?epid=1333737509&hash=item238d94ac50:g:myoAAOSwy1BgdLEp and use blue threadlocker on the screws.

Members online

No members online now.
Back