Trouble with my AMP MT

ohiochris

After playing with this truck for a while at the mall , I turned it off but didn't disconnect the battery , smelled hot electronics on the way home.....maybe 5 minutes later.....and immediately pulled over and disconnected the battery. So now I have a dead AMP , .....replaced the receiver , and switch unit that came as all one piece but still nothing , just a red light flashing ???? Dont know what to do.

My son just fried his servo because he did not disconnect the battery for a short while. If I had only known these things were so delicate.

Anyone know if there is more to replacing the receiver/esc than just installing the new one ? Is there a step in programming it to work with the transmitter , something I may be missing. It was fairly easy to swap the parts out but car is still dead with a flashing red light and wont connect to transmitter.

UPDATE: Nevermind , after a lot of searching I did find information on binding. I couldn't find a button on the receiver to do this with for a while but found what I needed....the button is right next to the switch. I followed the procedure for binding and now its up and working. that's got me wondering though if the old receiver was fin but just somehow came unbound. I will test it ,....would be cool if the other receiver isnt toast.

I've accidentally left the battery connected in several of my cars with no harm. Typically the concern is with LiPo batteries being slowly drained completely, which will seriously damage them.

I wonder if the ESC is faulty. You might want to contact Horizon Hobby directly-- they have excellent customer service and may just send you out a new ESC. It is highly unlikely that the receiver would be damaged first. Since the ESC is the "gatekeeper" for the flow of electrons it's usually the component that goes first and saves the Rx and servo.

So... I suspect the ESC is bad. Contact HH.

I 2nd the Vote on a bad ESC. *There have been days where I have been lazy and have forgotten to unhook my lipo battery....and the model sits for a day or two with battery still connected, and know better.(always best to turn on/off switch "off when done and REMOVE BATTERY" from model when done.(Store battery in a lipo safe bag)

Members online

No members online now.
Back