truck lacks power

Gschimma

I have two 1/10 trucks. Both have been great. Recently one isn't as fast as the other...25% on the throttle of one is faster than 100% on the slow truck. I installed new 20T motor in the slow one. Both trucks seem to spin the tires the same without resistance but that changes when placed on the asphalt. Suggestions? ESC? Although it seems more like some sort of mechanical issue like a clutch, etc. Also, what is the lifespan of the lipo batteries?

Last edited:
Have you looked at the slipper clutch? It's possible the nut is backed off, or the pad is worn down due to the clutch being set too loose.

Had to time to take apart the trucks. I separated the motors from the transmission and definitely one truck spins the motor slower. I swapped batteries and the motors with the same result. Does that mean the esc is bad?

Just the stock ESC. How is it programmed? I was reading through the owner manual and the section for the ESC states it's not for LiPo batteries which is what I've been using. Can the ESC be reprogrammed or is their a recommended upgrade? These trucks are used by my sons so I'm not looking to make them faster, etc.

I have gone for a hobbywing Max 10 short course ESC for brushless as it is more reliable than stock and has options for programming.
it won’t make the car faster, That is down to the motor and gearing. It does have adjustable punch control for the throttle as well as braking etc. It’s not mega money. If you can get it from a model shop that can solder the right connections on to the motor wires and the battery cables.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back