Upgrade for ecx 1021 transmission case

19chonas76

I’ve got major problems with this transmission case. I can’t keep the motor from slipping away from the spur gear. I’ve used lock right and it doesn’t seem to help. From what I’ve seen that’s also the same part wether it’s brushed or brushless. I’ve switched a ruckus and a torment over to brushless and I’ve got the same problems on both. Does anyone know if there’s an upgrade to this transmission case? I would prefer aluminum if there’s one out there. TIA

I’ve got major problems with this transmission case. I can’t keep the motor from slipping away from the spur gear. I’ve used lock right and it doesn’t seem to help. From what I’ve seen that’s also the same part wether it’s brushed or brushless. I’ve switched a ruckus and a torment over to brushless and I’ve got the same problems on both. Does anyone know if there’s an upgrade to this transmission case? I would prefer aluminum if there’s one out there. TIA

no, sorry

Are you allowing the blue medium strength thread lock to cure for 24 hours? Is the thread lock new? Henkel says that thread lock is best used within 24 months of the date of manufacture and 12 months once opened. Did you clean the screws with brake cleaner prior to use? What are you doing that both of your motors work themselves loose? I have a Ruckus and a Torment that I beat the snot out of and my motors do not come loose. I purchased my Ruckus in 2015.

I bought An Axial Sc10 trans its all metal with a Locker. have to redo the upper mounts but it bolts in. Just know the Stock axles wont work with it.

I bought An Axial Sc10 trans its all metal with a Locker. have to redo the upper mounts but it bolts in. Just know the Stock axles wont work with it.

Slash 4x4 axles will bolt right in, which you should have already if you've needed to upgrade the transmission gears. I would urge you to make a mount from the trans to the rear shock tower, similar to how you did to the rear bumper

Slash 4x4 axles will bolt right in, which you should have already if you've needed to upgrade the transmission gears. I would urge you to make a mount from the trans to the rear shock tower, similar to how you did to the rear bumper
Yea im basically ugrading everything all at once. When more parts come in i will build the other brace. But reason for the Trans upgrade was becuas the motor wouldnt stay in the case. It moved away from the spur gear and also blew an axle. So said to hell with it and upgradind everything. With i could find a 2wd metal body

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back