Upgrades/mods for ECX AMP.

The HPI Fireball is nice. I have that in my Boost and I'm loving it. I had an Absima 21T Drift motor and that was much better than the stock 20T Dynamite but it ran extremely hot. The Fireball, ironically (considering its' name) runs very cool even though I've run a harsher pinion with it (22T). I couldn't recommend it more highly (though my experience is limited).

What sort of speeds did you get with fireball and the 22t pinion, looking for a bit of a speed increase for my son's amp without spending much. Want to stick to brushes for now and don't want to go for lipos at the moment as he's only 5... Lol

I have a nearly new Hobbywing QuicRun 1060 60A brushed esc listed over in the Classifieds section. Comes with the stock motor also barely used. That esc can handle 3s no problem.

$25 shipped for both. Or make a fair offer for just the esc of you don't want the motor.

20170220_154443_zpsx3arimlo.jpg

No I also installed the ecx metal gear set. So I could save the plastic for my sons if he tears his up. He's running all stock may get him a better brushed motor any suggestions?
I put the castle 3 wp power plant in my amp and its crazy fast running 3s

Members online

Back