Upgrades/mods for ECX AMP.

mrc82

I am looking for some guidance
I'm this matter. I want an esc that will support 3slipo, 15t motor. Once I find esc, would like info on best 15t brushed replacement, battery info etc. does anyone know where to find info for the amp?

Keep in mind replacing the ECX AMP speed controller will also require you to change your radio system as the AMP's receiver and ESC are one item.

That said, not knowing your price range - if you wanted to go cheap you could go with an HPI SC-3SWP ESC which seems to support all your requests.

Keep in mind replacing the ECX AMP speed controller will also require you to change your radio system as the AMP's receiver and ESC are one item.

That said, not knowing your price range - if you wanted to go cheap you could go with an HPI SC-3SWP ESC which seems to support all your requests.

Very nice information. Thank you

I think at this time the first thing I will do is find a 2s lipo, add a voltage meter/alarm because the stock esc does not have a low voltage cut off. Then I may swap out the 20turn 540 for the 15 turn 540 I believe my stock esc should support this. Once I find a radio that I really like I'll cross that bridge.

So far I have added a 6000 mah 2s lipo, have the low voltage alarm on top of the battery holder and have replaced a spur gear already. Lol I played with the gearing by adding 2 teeth going from an 18 tooth pinion to a 20. But ended up liking the stock better.

So far I have added a 6000 mah 2s LiPo, have the low voltage alarm on top of the battery holder and have replaced a spur gear already. Lol I played with the gearing by adding 2 teeth going from an 18 tooth pinion to a 20. But ended up liking the stock better.

Very nice!! my next step is going lipo also. Are you still running the stock brushed motor and what was the run time on the 2s?

Very nice!! my next step is going LiPo also. Are you still running the stock brushed motor and what was the run time on the 2s?

Still on stock motor lipo makes a huge difference, I'm getting over an hour running the truck wide open. Tested today! May be going brushless soon lol

Still on stock motor LiPo makes a huge difference, I'm getting over an hour running the truck wide open. Tested today! May be going brushless soon lol

Wow!! An hour that sounds pretty good to me. I'm definetly going to lipo I have a brushless system not sure if I want 2s or 3s though. Did a speed run with 7 cell nickel got up to 33.6mph

Wow!! An hour that sounds pretty good to me. I'm definetly going to LiPo I have a brushless system not sure if I want 2s or 3s though. Did a speed run with 7 cell nickel got up to 33.6mph
What are your run times w/7 cell and brushless ? I just ordered a brushless motor/esc combo but sticking with nimh for now.

What are your run times w/7 cell and brushless ? I just ordered a brushless motor/ESC combo but sticking with NiMH for now.

Fastest I had it going was 33.6mph. Battery wasn't fully charged though so maybe would have went faster not sure. Still running stock gearing prob won't change. Unless it will make it faster lol!!

Fastest I had it going was 33.6mph. Battery wasn't fully charged though so maybe would have went faster not sure. Still running stock gearing prob won't change. Unless it will make it faster lol!!
Sorry meant how long does the 7 cell last?But yes that's a nice improvement over stock with nimh, that would be plenty for me lol.

So what brushless system are you using? Motor and esc?and that's crazy you're getting that speed with the stock pinion and spur you could go a lot faster if that's the case. 87 tooth spur and 18 pinion is like 4.83 rear ratio.

So what brushless system are you using? Motor and ESC?and that's crazy you're getting that speed with the stock pinion and spur you could go a lot faster if that's the case. 87 tooth spur and 18 pinion is like 4.83 rear ratio.

I'm using the dynomite tazer 4000kv and 45amp esc kit. Thanks for the info I guess I'll be shopping for a new spur and pinion then. Lol!!

Sorry meant how long does the 7 cell last?But yes that's a nice improvement over stock with NiMH, that would be plenty for me lol.

Sorry didn't see this would have put it all in one post. I really haven't timed it but it was somewhere around 30min. Give or take a few.

I'm using the dynomite tazer 4000kv and 45amp ESC kit. Thanks for the info I guess I'll be shopping for a new spur and pinion then. Lol!!

So are you still running stock Trans all plastic with brushless? If so that slipper clutch is doing one hell of a job

So are you still running stock Trans all plastic with brushless? If so that slipper clutch is doing one hell of a job

No I also installed the ecx metal gear set. So I could save the plastic for my sons if he tears his up. He's running all stock may get him a better brushed motor any suggestions?

I think at this time the first thing I will do is find a 2s LiPo, add a voltage meter/alarm because the stock ESC does not have a low voltage cut off. Then I may swap out the 20turn 540 for the 15 turn 540 I believe my stock ESC should support this. Once I find a radio that I really like I'll cross that bridge.

Did you end up putting a 15T motor in? I just picked one up for my sons amp haven't ran it yet, just wondering how your esc held up? Hope it will be ok if not I guess I'll be buying and esc and radio system for him also. Lol!! Good though cuz it kinda feeds my addiction.

So far I have added a 6000 mah 2s LiPo, have the low voltage alarm on top of the battery holder and have replaced a spur gear already. Lol I played with the gearing by adding 2 teeth going from an 18 tooth pinion to a 20. But ended up liking the stock better.
so if I got this right the low voltage alarm just gives you a audible sound to let you know its time to stop and recharge the batt pack? And does not cut out the battery from circuit? Is it loud?

...best 15t brushed replacement...

The HPI Fireball is nice. I have that in my Boost and I'm loving it. I had an Absima 21T Drift motor and that was much better than the stock 20T Dynamite but it ran extremely hot. The Fireball, ironically (considering its' name) runs very cool even though I've run a harsher pinion with it (22T). I couldn't recommend it more highly (though my experience is limited).

FWIW other members have mentioned that the Titan 12T is a nice motor on these chassis (Amp, Circuit and Boost share chassis and drivetrain) so that'd be worth considering as well.

Ok so today I go brushless! My lil bro has an invictus and he's upgrading to the caslte system. I'm not into spending boat loads of money so I'm taking the "hand me down" by the end of the day I will have an ecx amp powered by the reaktor system!

I also have been playing with shock oil weights because what I've been bashing the front end seems pretty soft, a lil to much. Right now I've added 40 weight to all 4

I'm using the dynomite tazer 4000kv and 45amp ESC kit. Thanks for the info I guess I'll be shopping for a new spur and pinion then. Lol!!

I don't know of you've attempted this yet but I did. I highly recommend grabbing a temp gun off of eBay. I thought my system was running on Temps with the setup until I put the gun on it. Was over 180 degrees

The titan 12T seems to be a mixed bag, some are great but some people also report getting a dud that doesn't last more than a dozen packs. I'd go for the firebolt if you want to stick with brushed.

Members online

Back