What did you do to your RC this week?

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Messages
883
Location
Lexington, KY
Let's hear what you've done to your RC's over the week!

This week I picked up some more nitro fuel and got to run the Associated MGT for a bit... that Picco 28 is a fun little engine!

Hoping to order a couple new LiPo batteries, one for the Stampede 4x4 and another for a new project coming up. ;)
 

Vivendus

Well-Known Member
Messages
150
Location
Perth WA
Ran the amp through a small ocean of muddy water at the bottom of a 180 turn embankment... quickly discovered the difference between water proof and water resistance.... then discovered the Mrs new hairdryer is a great tool for gently drying out electronics.
Finally got my tactic servo in the mail along with rpm parts but still waitingon the new boots.

Looky! Its like christmas!
20160610_225040.jpg
 
Last edited:

xlDooM

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
I put in the Power HD 1501MG servo. There were two problems. Firstly, the cable on that servo comes out slighly closer to the front (top? the side with the external gear) than the stock one, and I had to trim the right side servo mounting block so it would fit between the ears and the cable. Then I found out that the mounting ears are too tight on the Power HD 1501MG. I found this out when on the left side, half of the omega-shaped plastic that forms the not-quite-closed mounting hole broke off. It still mounts up solidly so not much of a problem there. On the right side, not only did I break the same part, but I mangled the little tube-like structure in the ECX mounting block that goes into one of the servo ear holes.

I was a bit pissed off at this point and didn't take pictures, sorry about that. The servo is mounted securely still, but I had to give it a dab of super glue just to be sure it wouldn't come out, and it looks quite pitiful with all the mangled plastic :(
 

X

Conspiracy of One
Staff member
Supporting Member
Messages
1,140
I was a bit pissed off at this point and didn't take pictures, sorry about that. The servo is mounted securely still, but I had to give it a dab of super glue just to be sure it wouldn't come out, and it looks quite pitiful with all the mangled plastic :(
See, now you need to post pictures. Call it a trophy of your mangled success!
 

xlDooM

Well-Known Member
Messages
682
You're in luck, I just installed the RPM servo saver eliminator and took a few pics.

Here's the trimmed mounting block to leave room for the wires:
IMG_20160606_154706612.jpg
IMG_20160606_154152815_HDR.jpg
Here are the broken ears:
IMG_20160610_203715035.jpg
 

Vivendus

Well-Known Member
Messages
150
Location
Perth WA
Installed my RPM front and rear A arms, caster and spindle blocks and the 11mm sealed bearings along with the tactictsx40

20160611_201738.jpg
20160611_200303.jpg
 

Erequena1959

Well-Known Member
Messages
128
Location
Santa Clarita, California
image.jpeg
Well put a new body on my 1/18 temper waiting for lights to come in, blew the gears on my mini 1/18 order new gears oh and changed to lipo on my mini that's the cause of the gears along with bad gear mesh.
 

Vivendus

Well-Known Member
Messages
150
Location
Perth WA
Well, I have a drift king if I play inside on the wooden floor (tires are much firmer), however outside is where you can really notice the difference - on bitumen it turns much sharper and in dirt it doesn't seem to bog down as much. Its had a T-bone bumper (and an autobot sticker) put on since these treads purely for the kids. I have a compressed red dirt bike track close to home and it may be just wishful thinking but the tyres seem to have improved handling and acceleration a lot.
Aesthetic wise, they're gorgeous.
Gotta learn to take off with a bit more initial wheel spin though when bashing, but meh, that's part of the fun.
 
Top