Whats your personal favorite vehicle and why? Pics would be great!

r8derhed5150

Just curious what your favorite vehicle is and why. No specific brand, just your go to car. I'm working on building a fleet. I have a lot of lost time with something I've always had a fondness for and I want to build something under a sexy K5 body soon. Real soon. It's sentimental...

Something like this
IMG_20151006_215329.jpg

I'm itching to get an Axial Yeti XL, but my go to ride right now is usually my Traxxas Stampede 4x4 at the moment.

Wow, haven't looked at a Yeti yet. I was looking at the Twin Hammers but was turned off when I found a video review that didn't climb too well. I was impressed that it has a on the fly two-speed tyranny but that was the extent of my interest in it. I think I'm ready to step up in size too. Hmm... Thanks for sharing @WoodiE

Nice shop btw. Makes me wish I still had my place in Carson City. No room for that around here.

Last edited:
Currently, my go-to is my Savage 21. Looking to expand the RC garage - I too have been out of it about as long as you @r8derhed5150 . Been wanting a Yeti as well, and about 14 others. Wouldn't mind messing with some 1/5th scale stuff too. I'd really like to get a Vaterra K5 and stretch it into a lifted Suburban, essentially echoing the one I sold recently (I love/loved that rig..).

Just had a chat with a HH rep to find out how long the price is good for. This is everyday price. let him know we picked up one of their entry levels and told me to ask for him when I'm ready to buy. Said he would help me save a few$$$. I was hoping to get it next week but I gotta throw my son a b-day party first. Since that's regular price, I think I can wait another payday=)

Currently, my go-to is my Savage 21. Looking to expand the RC garage - I too have been out of it about as long as you @r8derhed5150 . Been wanting a Yeti as well, and about 14 others. Wouldn't mind messing with some 1/5th scale stuff too. I'd really like to get a Vaterra K5 and stretch it into a lifted Suburban, essentially echoing the one I sold recently (I love/loved that rig..).
@Juanmarteen . So you had a suburban before? Got a pic, would love to see it. At the rate I'm buying cars, I think I'll reach that 1/5 scale action sometime early next year. My list isn't too long. I'd like to get at least a drift and maybe a rally. Not really into monster trucks but if my son asks for a Gravedigger, I wouldnt mind building one. A 1/10 sct would be cool as well. Maybe then I'll venture into weedwacker motors.

Yes the big one is an 1/8 scale with weed wacker motor:D. The little one is a 1/12th scale. HPI Savage and a HPI Wheelie King

I'm itching to get an Axial Yeti XL, but my go to ride right now is usually my Traxxas Stampede 4x4 at the moment.

stampede-with-body.jpg
@WoodiE are the tire Big Joes

I feel you Jon. I had an 84 K5 on 33's, similar wheels. White with blue trim and interior. Lost it before the days of camera phones and any paper pics are nowhere to be found=( So why not relive it in miniature. My excuse is people stuff their sentimental dogs/cats?

I was fortunate enough to spend all of my childhood summers up in Tacoma in a couple of Willys that my uncles owned. I've been posting pics on Instagram and my cousin Laura chimed in out of nowhere on a video of the rock crawler and reminded me that we used to do that in real jeeps when we were kids. I know, how the heck could I forget that? She also mentioned that she's in the market for a willys a couple of days ago. Couldn't find any parking last night so I had to park around the corner. Walked to my truck today to go to work and what do I find parked behind me? CAM00739.jpg55' Willys asking 4k. If I only had the money. She does and she still lives up that way so I believe she is making arrangements to purchase it as we speak. Im thinking about offering to deliver it so i can get back up there again and relive those days.

Great. So another one I will have to bring back eventually. Like it's a bad thing?

Cool car. Makes me wish I had a place to build a scale Laguna Seca. Hmm, I wonder if there are any scale track replicas out there?

I don't know, but that would be pretty cool. Especially with the elevation changes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back