1/10 brushless ruckus upgrades

drobbins329

So, i have run into a problem with my ruckus. I purchased it with the 3300kv tazer brushless motor. I bought some new batteries for it, within the limits of the motor. 3s Lipo 3300mah. Worked great for about 10 sec. Did a prompt standing wheelie. Snapped the wheel end of the axle free. Ok, no big deal. I had spares. I switched it out, plopped it back down. Tried again, this time on a little softer ground. A 25% throttle start, resulted in a small wisp of smoke. No further movement. I prompty disconnected the battery. Battery leads and the motor leads were hot. Motor side was hotter. I inspected the motor, the magnets had detached from the center. So, motor dead.
Now, I am shopping for a new motor that can handle bashing in short grass without smoking, and an ESC that can handle a 30C 3s lipo.

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed! My budget for both is about $250 tops. I am happy with the stock speed at around 35 on asphalt. But, I let my 6yo son putz around the yard with it also.

I bought the 3300kv ones sold at Horrizon, then my B.I.L. had to out do me with the 4000kv unit, all good fun and super reliable.

Horrizon had the 3300 on sale last month irrc, $99, maybe keep an eye out for another mark down :)

I had the 3300 from horizon with nimh and wasn't satisfied. Went to the 4000 with the nimh and was satisfied. Got sick of nimh batteries and went full on 3s 30c and have to say, I think it's to much. Thing does back flips at 80% throttle ... Gotta find s place where I can open it up and see what it can do

Members online

Back