1/10 Ruckus 2wd Castle SCT Combo 3800Kv

Howdy, I've got a gen 1 Ruckus. I just put the Castle Creations SCT Combo into it, with Sidewinder 3 ESC and 3800Kv 4-pole motor. I have all metal gearing and Hot Racing steel star drive CV's, and Traxxas aluminum turnbuckles on all 4 corners. Running on Dynamite 3300 MaH 7 cell nimh (but about to go LiPo). Stock 87T spur, haven't bought pinion yet.

Does anyone have a rough top speed estimate for this setup? I know that the SCT combo has been gaining popularity in ECX 1/10th's and I don't own a radar gun.

Also, I don't know what type pinion I should get. Castle recomends 48P 10-14 tooth pinions in the Ruckus with the stock 87T 48P spur. However, I have heard of people running pinions in the same setup as high as 21T. Obviously, I would like to avoid over-gearing. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I've got issues with my setup like this. Using a 24t pinion I'm still flipping at 20ish mph if go from 1/2 to full throttle. Have it in shop now from where I might have trashed the metal trans gears. Speed. I would say at least 40. Little lady has a stock brushless 3300kv. And i wheelie past her. I'm running a 5100mh 2s lipo btw. Motor has never even gotten warm yet. But I can't get the handle on this setup just yet. Has way too much toque.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it! I'm actually about to run my truck for the first time this afternoon. As for the torque issue, have you tried moving your battery farther forward or adding weight to the nose of the truck to combat the excess torque? Also, here's some pictures of my truck.IMG_2857.JPG IMG_2857.JPG IMG_2859.JPG IMG_2860.JPG IMG_2863.JPG IMG_2864.JPG IMG_2865.JPG IMG_2867.JPG IMG_2869.JPG IMG_2870.JPG

First. Thank you for your service sir.
I havnt tried moving battery yet. Am putting the same axles in to see if helps. Also went from a 18T pinion all the way up to a 24t now. Going to try foam in tires next too. Thinking that might help some. But I will for sure see if I can move the battery forward a little more. Not sure thou. Also I run a lipo. Thinking seriously about buying the castle field card kit too. That way I can adjust in field. If I'm on pavement turn punch down. If on dirt turn it back up to play lol
That's one sharpe truck. Btw.

Let me how how it done. Just got mine back today.

First. Thank you for your service sir.
I havnt tried moving battery yet. Am putting the same axles in to see if helps. Also went from a 18T pinion all the way up to a 24t now. Going to try foam in tires next too. Thinking that might help some. But I will for sure see if I can move the battery forward a little more. Not sure thou. Also I run a LiPo. Thinking seriously about buying the castle field card kit too. That way I can adjust in field. If I'm on pavement turn punch down. If on dirt turn it back up to play lol
That's one sharpe truck. Btw.

I am going to purchase the castle field card as well. with the field card you should be able to dial down the torque or tune the acceleration curve, and this should fix your wheelie/torque flip problem. The cool thing is that with the field card, you can not only program the esc on the fly, you can fine tune the performance using your computer and some software offered by Castle. next up is a 2s and aluminum c hubs, axle carriers and steering knuckles, and rpm suspension arms.

IMG_5055.JPG IMG_5056.JPG IMG_5057.JPG IMG_5055.JPG IMG_5056.JPG I've been running a 2s lol. Venom batteries. But I have another one I'm going to try this weekend. It's a 8000mah.

mah isn't what depicts a stronger or weaker battery to make your car go. Mah translates to run time or how long you can go. The "h" is hours, as in minutes, seconds, hours. The voltage (cells) and discharge rate determines how much power the esc can receive to power to the motor.

I havnt been able to keep mine running long enough lol. I just meant I'm going to hope I can this weekend long enough to run that 8000 full charged to dead lol. But the 2s is a big diff. I tried a 7 cell reg. And night / day with lipo in it. Wide open it dog walks. But hopefully I have that fixed too

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back