1/10 Ruckus 2wd need suggestions

Jsumrall

Stripped out the inside of the wheel hex today. Can I see pictures or hear your reviews on wheel/tires other than the stock ones. Be it aftermarket or stock wheels off of a different brand. Just seeing if I should buy new stocks or look at other options.
Just FYI, I just bash in general, lots of grass and pavement driving. Some skate parks. And some gravel and dirt.

Stripped out the inside of the wheel hex today. Can I see pictures or hear your reviews on wheel/tires other than the stock ones. Be it aftermarket or stock wheels off of a different brand. Just seeing if I should buy new stocks or look at other options.
Just FYI, I just bash in general, lots of grass and pavement driving. Some skate parks. And some gravel and dirt.

I'm also looking for better options in colors, beadlocks, width and tires. I did see an "upgrade" video on You Tube where a guy talked about "badlands" tires, not sure about the rim.....sounds like that's what your looking to upgrade???

From searching around on the interweb I have found hubs and adapters to go from 12mm to 17mm hubs and extend the track wirdth or the vehicle. possibly making available more wheels and sizes? Hot Racing makes them. I guess you'd also have to consider if you go wider that's more stress on steering and suspension components?

There are wheels and tires available on ebay and amazon using ECX Torment wheel as your search cue.

Let us know what you find.

I’m really only wanting to buy a “mounted” wheel and tire combo. And I don’t mind the stock ones, just curious as to what else people have done. I’ll be heading to my lhs tomorrow to see what they have on hand.

I'm a complete newb to this..... I just looked on the wheel and tire of my Torment for info....nada. So I get out my calipers and measure the OD of the wheel, outside diameter 2.35" and inside dia 3.something. and looking at the tires at Proline....the tires are conical 2.2 and 3.0. They do list mounted wheels there. However they do not list the torment.

What is the offset of the Torment stock wheel?

Will any 2.2/3.0 wheel work of it's a 12mm hex?

I’m really only wanting to buy a “mounted” wheel and tire combo. And I don’t mind the stock ones, just curious as to what else people have done. I’ll be heading to my lhs tomorrow to see what they have on hand.
Did you end up buying anything at your LHS? A good all-around Tire is the proline trencher. If you're on a budget, the Dynamite Speedtreads Vindicator comes mounted on the Wheel and is a good set up as well. If you don't have aluminum hexes, get them. This will prevent you from stripping out the hex on your wheels. Also buy some new locking nuts.

35471FBB-CC63-4A4D-970E-0D6505337366.jpegI ended up getting a set of Traxxas wheel/tires after recommendation from my LHS. They seem pretty okay and were cheap enough. I’m fine with them for now, but I think a little down the road I may end up picking up something better. Also, I know the front one is mounted reverse tread direction, that was just a test fit before I bought the second pair. I now have all 4 on and rotating the correct way.

I’ve seen quite a bit about the trenchers, but I really hate the looks of the f11 wheels that come on most of them. May look into mounting them on some other wheels later down the road.

Latest posts

Members online

Back