1/8 scale tires and wheels

MADitto

I decided to try a set of 1/8 wheels and tires. I wasn't sure at first, didn't want to do a complete 17mm conversion, as I have 4 full sets of 12mm wheels and tires.

The set of 1/8 tires came with the 12 to 17mm hex adapters. I figured it would be easier and just like changing a set of tires.

We will see how they work out.

does anyone run 1/8 scale tires?

They are shipping now. Hopefully they will be here by the end of the week.

I got to run mine for all of five minutes before a nut spun off and was lost... but my Ruckus looks cool, so there's that. Once I get a replacement in (hopefully tomorrow) I can locktite them and test them out. See how they bash.

But my short lived first impression was that it created more potential for rolling... but that's OK as I plan to bash. My body no longer slaps the ground though so that's good.

They are a lot bigger. Any rubbing? You may want to try a smaller pinion if the power doesn't feel there.

I've got those wheels on my project Bomber Basher.

I have a Maclan 120A ESC and 550 motor, torque is there. I had a 12T pinion in there, swapped it to a 10T...

And those are the smallest MT tires at 5.85" OD. I mean, I COULD go bigger. And there is very little rub. Only when I turn with the front bottomed out.

HPI/Proline wheels, right? I like them so far and actually ran them on my scx10 stretched on a set of 1.9 Treps.
image.jpeg

Members online

Back