4wd Ruckus A-Arms

Jce55861

Hello all,
Got a new Ruckus for Christmas, and love it. My brother in law wrecked it and I had to replace some parts on the front already, so now I am paranoid and want to bomb proof it, at least the front half. I have aluminum shock mounts and steering knuckles on order, already have aluminum shocks installed (he broke one of the stock ones in half). I also have a an aluminum steering brace on order.

My question is, does anyone know a suitable aluminum replacement for the front A-arms and the plastic linkages behind them? The A-Arms are pretty self explanatory and the linkage part number I am talking about is the ECX234005. Thanks in advance for any help!

I can't help you for part numbers. But as far as aluminum components go, don't use them anywhere that is meant to flex and take a hit. This includes the a-arms. Plastic will bend and bounce back, aluminum just bends.....

I can't help you for part numbers. But as far as aluminum components go, don't use them anywhere that is meant to flex and take a hit. This includes the a-arms. Plastic will bend and bounce back, aluminum just bends.....
Got it, thank you! Any other aluminum parts I should steer away from? I busted a front driveshaft today and trying to decide if I should get the upgrade or just buy the stock ones.

Just replace them. Hot racing makes a few things but the 4wd is pretty limited in aftermarket parts. I personally like the 4wd better, esp for beginners, but there really isn't much out there.

Aluminum hexes and hubs help a bunch. Tightening down all the screws up front helps too.

Tbone front bumper should be used when your bumper takes its last hit...they are made to order so it takes a few weeks to get.

I have broken wheels and hexes, a front bumper...but that is about it. Even with jumps the 4wd is pretty solid now. Probably should upgrade the oil in the rear shocks at least so it might stop bottoming out.

You may want to see how he is driving or what he is driving into. They are pretty strong but they don't like trees or poles (much like an actual car). Can't really bomb proof against that other than not give him the controller. Taking a hit is one thing, trying to take out a tree or a brick wall is another. Probably don't want to do a 30 foot jump either without some tightening up and a lot of spare parts.

Last edited:
Thanks! Upgraded a few minor things on it but busted off an a arm due to steering into a bench like an idiot... will have that fixed today. I have the RPM bumper, and the T-Bone is good but not as wide as I want, so I am ordering the T-bone extra wide bumper for the stampede and going to retrofit it to my RPM bumper and skid plate, I will post pics when done!

Not driving into a solid object that doesn't move is the best prevention. The a arms are pretty good. If the arm broke, the bumper would probably break too.

Rpm front bumpers are good. Best to upgrade the long m3 bolts to m4 bolts though. Mine is so strong now.

Aluminum looks good but doesn’t perform any better than plastic, weighs substantially more and doesn’t flex so when you make contact with an imoveable object that force is transferred through the aluminum bits to the next weakest link. Replace the wheel hexes and shocks with aluminum but anymore is purely cosmetic. Some may argue that shocks are cosmetic too but I feel more secure knowing that a plastic cap won’t pop off during a hard landing. RPM makes replacement parts (f&r control arms, axle carriers, steering knuckles, caster/steering blocks) that are very durable and fit much, much better that the stock parts. Makes it like a new truck. Add some Traxxas turnbuckles, mg servo and RPM servo saver eliminator bell crank and you’ll have a pretty stout truck without the heft. I’ve done all of this and added a Castle 3800kv SCT combo with some 5200mAh 35c 2S LiPo’s and it’s just about right. Should also mention that I upgraded to HR splined steel axles, steel spur gear and all steel trans and diff gears to handle the added power of the brushless combo. Just got me some HR HD big bore shocks too. Sure, I’ve sunk about $400 or so into the truck with batteries and Slash/Fox body, but I only paid $90 for the truck (used brushed model) so for around $500 I’ve got a truck that’s mint and set up EXACTLY how I want.

Hello all,
Got a new Ruckus for Christmas, and love it. My brother in law wrecked it and I had to replace some parts on the front already, so now I am paranoid and want to bomb proof it, at least the front half. I have aluminum shock mounts and steering knuckles on order, already have aluminum shocks installed (he broke one of the stock ones in half). I also have a an aluminum steering brace on order.

My question is, does anyone know a suitable aluminum replacement for the front A-arms and the plastic linkages behind them? The A-Arms are pretty self explanatory and the linkage part number I am talking about is the ECX234005. Thanks in advance for any help!
I dont know if rpm still makes parts for the ecx line !

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back