AMP 13003 speed controler issues

Catterman

Hello, I got a couple of AMP's, one had the speed controler go out. I called Horizon Hobbies and they sent me a new one (for free!), however it is the upgraded one that can take lipos. So I attached it, took me forever to bind it, and now it will only steer the front wheels. I can't go forward or reverse.

Any advice, or do I just call again?

Thanks!

IMG_20180327_212952940.jpg

I see that one of the two small black plugs on the esc are gone I have that same esc. I was experimenting with it and I pulled the forward/reverse plug out to se what would happen. No throttle. In the picture you posted, right below the power switch that little space has those plugs you can see the grey sticker that says lipo/nimh and fwd/rvrs (I think that’s what it says). But to the right of that grey sticker you can see those plugs there’s supposed to be 2 of them one plugged in on the battery type side and one for the forward and reverse/forward no reverse side.

And if you have the receiver ports plugged in right the servo will be controlled by the little wheel on the remote. And if the esc isn’t plugged in the right one I don’t think the receiver should work at all. Unless your like me and see what happens if you swap them. Talking about confusing!

BTW, does anyone know what those two buttons on the receiver do? You can see the one called Failsafe Enable SW, the other one is kinda hidden on top right. Can't recall what it says - if anything...

You should see 2 switches on your transmitter, 1 for steering, 1 for throttle. If your reverse is off on the esc and your throttle is only reverse, flip the throttle switch and you will go forward. The only way to get both forward and reverse would be to get another jumper for the esc(as KyleRC mentioned).

Hello, I got a couple of AMP's, one had the speed controler go out. I called Horizon Hobbies and they sent me a new one (for free!), however it is the upgraded one that can take lipos. So I attached it, took me forever to bind it, and now it will only steer the front wheels. I can't go forward or reverse.

Any advice, or do I just call again?

Thanks!

View attachment 3177

Are newer amps shipping with upgraded ESC and separate Rx???

BTW, does anyone know what those two buttons on the receiver do? You can see the one called Failsafe Enable SW, the other one is kinda hidden on top right. Can't recall what it says - if anything...
They might just be light indicators(low voltage/too high voltage/too much powersurge). I’ve never heard of a receiver that was programmable manually. Mine are programmed from the transmitter.

Latest posts

Members online

Back