Amp MT Build to Drive "whats in the box" video and build series

first building issue. very minor, but I still had an issue. The aluminum shaft the steering rides on, takes a pre-threadlocked screw in each end. I found it extremely difficult to install those 2 screws, the threadlock is just too hard to thread the screws in. I ended up replacing them with new screws, and fresh threadlock.

Thanks WoodiE. It's good to be here. I've had my hands on ECX stuff since it first rolled out. It's great to be able to hopefully contribute something to this community.

Wow... that's a LOT of bags! I can't remember how my Tamiya Grasshopper and Fox kits were packaged but I don't think they were bagged like that. Thanks for sharing the video-- makes me want to go get a kit!

most kits come bagged, but with seperate bags containing all the hardware. This is bagged per the build process. Every bag contains the parts, and required hardware for that parts installation. It takes all the guess work out of digging through the screw bag. It is hands down the most organized Kitting (if that's a word) I've come across. The Vaterra Ascender is the same way.

If I had a choice, every RC I buy would be a kit. Lots of fun to put together. Also, there is no better way to get to know your rig than putting it together!

i'm starting to agree with that.. after some of the RTR issues I've been running into lately. I've got a Thunder Tiger EMTA Kaiser that falls apart every time I've tried to run it. Because of a lack of threadlock. It'd almost be worth it to completely dismantle any new rig, just to be sure the damn thing was built right to begin with.

i'm starting to agree with that.. after some of the RTR issues I've been running into lately. I've got a Thunder Tiger EMTA Kaiser that falls apart every time I've tried to run it. Because of a lack of threadlock. It'd almost be worth it to completely dismantle any new rig, just to be sure the damn thing was built right to begin with.

Actually that is something I always recommend for RTRs. Any hardware going into metal should have thread locker applied as soon as you take it out of the box.

built in under 3 hours. the only other issue I found was a stripped head on one of the tiny screws that holds the front hinge pin brace. I blame that on the poor quality of the included hex driver. I think a standard allen wrench would have been better.

Attachments

• 100_2953.JPG
    100_2953.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 4
I love kits and I give ECX big kudos for offering a model in kit form. Not only is the ECX a perfect RC for someone getting into the RC hobby having it available in kit form makes it that much better and really allows someone new or old to the hobby to really get to know their new RC.

Lol , agree with the trigger guard. First couple of times I blamed my son for sending the car off flying. Then i realised its the controller. Even with a lanyard and around his neck, its too easy to bump the trigger. Nice vids.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back