And then there were two...

xlDooM

IMG_20160615_195457772.jpg

First impressions: the narrower front tires don't really make a difference on grass, where the steering performance is quite marginal. The weak link is obviously the servo saver; it simply opens up all the time while you are skittering across the lawn. Jumping balance is also the same, for the three foot jumps I did with it.

It does look tiny though. The MT has much more presence, every kid wants one.

I'd also forgotten how toasty the speed pack gets when you run it hard :)

Anyway, thanks ECX and @WoodiE for the contest, I'll keep you guys updated as I mod/repair it!

So today, first breakage. Sort of. The shock cap popped off at the rear. While I was repairing it, I noticed one of the fronts had squirted shock oil over the front shock tower as well.
shockcap.jpg

Also, I think my son may secretly be a crawler. This is what he was doing this afternoon:
[GALLERY=media, 86]ECX Amp DB backyard crawling - YouTube by xlDooM posted Jun 19, 2016 at 5:05 PM[/GALLERY]

Is that the one you just won?

Yes it is :)

Luckily the Temper is fairly cheap. I see an easy excuse for a new RC. ;)

The Temper is nice, but my son loves the scale look. This weekend he spent a fiver on a nikko jeep wrangler rubicon with tires that have become unglued, no remote, no battery pack and some minor body damage. Just because he likes the way it looks. Now he's bugging me to find a remote and battery for it, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. I'd much rather spend $400 on an SCX10 with a wrangler body than pour money into a toy grade RC.

Yes it is :)

The Temper is nice, but my son loves the scale look. This weekend he spent a fiver on a nikko jeep wrangler rubicon with tires that have become unglued, no remote, no battery pack and some minor body damage. Just because he likes the way it looks. Now he's bugging me to find a remote and battery for it, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. I'd much rather spend $400 on an SCX10 with a wrangler body than pour money into a toy grade RC.

How did you get it so fast?

My son and I had an epic bash at the beach today. I dug a little ramp and it was a blast to have the two amps squirreling around, tumbling over each other. They collided head on few times but nothing broke. In the end his batteries ran out and I soaked the receiver so it stopped working. Not sure if it will come back to life once it is dry. I hope so, not too sure I can get a replacement before I leave for a two week beach holiday...

So, the little Amp DB chewed up a few teeth on its spur gear today. Two teeth were pretty mashed, I cleaned them up a bit with a pocket knife and it still runs, but it does make motorcycle noises now. PRRRRRRRRT. Probably not going to last forever, bu I'm going on vacation in 5 days so it will be a stretch to get parts in on time for a 32P conversion.

What do you do when you're on vacation at the beach but the weather is kinda dreary? That's right, you set out a little track and spend some batteries!

[GALLERY=media, 111]Amp MT at the beach - YouTube by xlDooM posted Jul 27, 2016 at 12:41 PM[/GALLERY]

Latest posts

Members online

Back