Can I turn an ECX Amp into a racing buggy? if anyone could help me on this it would be awesome

JXB03

i want to find a cheap buggy i can turn into a racing buggy ik its a DB but i want to see if it can be like the kyosho ultima RB6.6 if any one could help me on this it would be awesome

Last edited:
Short answer: No. The Kyosho car is a much higher quality.

Long answer: Maybe. Depends. KInds of. You CAN race the ECX car. I raced my Boost buggy and AMP/Circuit. They couldn't keep up with the other cars on the track in terms of handling (on a high-traction surface like astro or carpet as the ECX cars are optimal for dirt) but I learned a lot by tuning the cars as best I could. When I bought a TLR 22 3.0 buggy it was a night-and-day difference.

Last edited:
The ECX Boost buggy is what I started with. The Boost is very similar to the AMP cars but it has a narrower track width and slightly shorter wheelbase (because it's a buggy). Then I got an AMP MT and converted it to a Circuit (only change was the rear shock tower. The AMP cars use the Boost rear shock tower and the Circuit rear shock tower has different body mount positions (I also bought a Circuit body) and slightly changes the top position of the shocks.

But neither of those changes is absolutely necessary. Just get tires appropriate for the track surface and you'll be 90% there!

The Amp and Circuit can do well on dirt tracks, actually the looser the better. Not gonna be competitive on high traction surfaces, but still fun!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back