Converting amp to circuit , tire questions

Jay38

Hello all. First time poster. So I picked up an ecx amp a 3-4 months ago for my 10 year old daughter and she loves it and gotta say so do I. So a few things have been done. Metal tranny gears with the ruckus brushed setup right now(have a ruckus that I converted to a brushless castle setup) and currently have a goolrc 3500kv 60amp brushless combo coming. I added front and rear traxxas adjustable camber arms (i think that's what there called) and also installed the rear end of the ruckus in order to install a traxxas wheelie bar I picked up and changed the servo to a power Hd 20kg and changed the rear shock tower to fit the circuit body she just loves the look more and I do as well. So now I am curious about tires at my local shop I noticed they have traxxas rustler front and rear premounted tires and was wondering if these would fit. I was also wondering what are my options for adjustable steering arms? Thanks for the help. Heres a few pics of the truck.
[GALLERY=media, 488][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 491][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 490][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 489][/GALLERY]

Last edited:
The tires will fit as long as they are the same hex size. The turnbuckle you will need are HRAECT5406 from Hot Racing.
Amain Hobbies. amainhobbies.com.
Also try rcplanet.com

20180816_002921.jpg

Well did not end up with rustler tires. My daughter wanted bigger so went with 2.8 proline trenchers with 1/2 offset on the rims. 1170-13 is the part number for the tires for anyone wondering. Here is what they look like havent had a chance to test them out yet as I am still waiting on the brushless system in the mail.
[GALLERY=media, 507][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 508][/GALLERY]

I added the thicker wheel hex's as well. To help with clearence issues. The ones from the front of the ruckus.

When turning though there is still some rubbing on the bumper.
[GALLERY=media, 509][/GALLERY]

Will the t-bone basher bumper stick out past the tires? Trying to consider what to do with this bumper. Maybe extend it somehow? Anyone else have this issue?

Latest posts

Members online

Back