Did your Amp MT RTR come with sealed bearing?

Tamyosho

IIRC when I built the Amp kit, and when I serviced my Ruckus 2WD brushless, the rear bearings were not sealed.
I just bought an Amp RTR to make it into a cheap racing machine and the rear bearings are sealed.

Just wondering if ECX changed this or if it's normal.

You're preaching to the choir Woodie, but I'm still shocked if it's the case and they don't advertise this the way filthy Traxxas would.

ECX models are dirt cheap, I imagine they have to compromise somewhere to keep costs down. It's a safe bet that they didn't have racing in mind when they designed the Amp as well ;) That said, others have used them for racing, so it can be done. Keep us updated on your progress.

I have never had any problems with Fast Eddy bearings, so I will add 1 more recommendation for them.

ECX models are dirt cheap, I imagine they have to compromise somewhere to keep costs down. It's a safe bet that they didn't have racing in mind when they designed the Amp as well ;) That said, others have used them for racing, so it can be done. Keep us updated on your progress.

I have never had any problems with Fast Eddy bearings, so I will add 1 more recommendation for them.
Yeah exactly, the sealed bearings were a nice surprise. Fast Eddy >>>>> Avid in my experience. I had Avid bearings fail after one single run on my Arrma truggy.

Yea I've went through a few bearings at least on my 2 amps... they will get you buy, but there are better ones for sure. I bought a pack of stock bearings for replacements a while ago.. after all those are finished definitly upgrading

None of the bearings in my ECX cars were of the "sealed" variety. They all had metal, non-contact shields.

I’ve had much better luck buying 10 packs of Boca and TRB RC Bearings. So far the TRB are holding up better, but I’ve been running them on nicer track surfaces and no mud for the last few months. There’s usually just a few trouble spots that need replacing. It’s rare to replace them all at once.

Yea I've went through a few bearings at least on my 2 amps... they will get you buy, but there are better ones for sure. I bought a pack of stock bearings for replacements a while ago.. after all those are finished definitly upgrading
I BOUGHT DSM BEARINGS, RUBBER SEALED.

Just dropped a rear wheel off of mine as I was curious to see what was there and again the bearings look sealed :).

So any immediate advantage to upgrading to Fast Eddy's or similar. I'm sure the stock ones will be cheaper and give it out at some point but apart from reliability what would a bearing upgrade achieve?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back