Dirt short course Amp set up

Jeb

IMG_3403.JPG IMG_3403.JPGI just added the traxxas camber links and set front and rear to -2 degrees. We'll see how it performs in the morning.

Mettelus seems to be responding to ibuprofen. He had a fever of 103.4 when when we got home from the children's hospital. It's an illness we've been trying to figure out for 8 weeks, but racing helps take our minds off of it. Telly is 10 and graduating to a 15 turn motor with a 19t pinion in the morning before the race. I'm running a kinnexis 4000 kv direct soldered to a kyosho LeMans 240s esc. Bullet connectors were causing problems. The battery is a 40c 6200 2s. Using Associated springs with 40w in the back and 35 in the front. Rpm servo saver eliminater and hitec hs-625mg servo. Proline Badlands for traction. I run it at 85% throttle on a dry track and 90% on wet. The slipper is set pretty loose, but wilk stil pop wheelies even with 35 grams of lead in the front. Straight speed test put this truck at 38 mph and it would never reach that speed on the track. Pretty sweet Amp. I'm running right beside Losi's, Tekno's, Traxxas, and Arma. Having a blast!

Telly had a fever of 102.6 this morning but didn't want to lay around. We got to the shop early and installed his new Arma 15 turn brushed motor in his Amp. He went on to place 1rst in the kids group. That baby screams now. I placed 2nd with my ECX AMP in 2wd and 1st with my Tekno sct in the 4x4 class. Pretty good day at the track.

Those are awesome results, I can barely navigate a figure-eight around my yard without crashing into the swing set. Watching people race is mind boggling to me, the kind of precision some of you get lap after lap, hitting the apex so close to the divider...

It's skill, tuning, and a bit of luck. I really don't care if I win or not. It's just about the fun. You can have a horrible race, but sliding ahead on the inside of a turn or jumping over another vehicle in the jumps is an incredible thrill. We all share tips and help each other out at the track. All ages and abilities come together for a 6
minute race and then it's open track time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back